Using permanent markers on swivels etc...

Day Breamer

Reaction score
Do you use permanent markers on things like swivels?

Im curious to know if a swivel was marked with a permanent pen (even a low odour pen) and a feeding fish swam past your lead/feeder would the fish be put off or spooked or anything by the smell of the pen?

Or have you not noticed any detrimental effects of using permanent markers and if anything they have increased your catch rate?

Thankyou.

Yacko

Reaction score
I must be behind on this as I've not heard of using permanent markers on swivels.

I presume this must be to camouflage it?

chub angler

Reaction score
Icolour float tips black when the water is refecting the sky.and camouflage line with pens (brown green black) to match the bottom. And I dont think it puts the fish off.

Day Breamer

Reaction score
Sorry yes Yacko, some swivels can be bright silver, a permanent marker can 'dull' them down...

You can ofcourse buy leads with black non reflective swivels but that wouldnt really answer my original question /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

chub angler

Reaction score
I found you can black some swivels by holding them in your hand for a while and putting them back in the packet its finger acid that does it I collect swords and if you touch the blades you can leave black finger marks on them that's why they wear gloves on the antiques road show.