Cheap John Wilson Boilies

Ben Haigh

Reaction score
Hi chaps, just wondering if anybody has used the JWbaits range of boilies?(made by mistral according to the packaging)

Any decent results on them if you have?

the reason i ask, is that i have just noticed they have started selling them in the local boyes, for £2.99 per 800g bag. i bought some of the banana tutti-frutti ones, and by heck, they smell good enough to eat myself, talk about banana flavoured. Not tried them out yet, doing so at the weekend, but if anyone has any experience of them, i would love to hear it, as i will pick up a few more while they have them, if they're any good.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Ben Haigh

Foxy

Reaction score
Ben,

Try them, if they do the business, buy some more! just remember you usually always get what you pay for /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Day Breamer

Reaction score
Mistral are pretty good, i use thier tutti frutti floaters, and their green lipped mussel pellets, they both smell lovely and ive caught on them.

If mistral do make them and you can get them that cheaply i'd at least give them a good go to see how you do.

Let us know how you do/did with them.

W

Wolfman Woody

Not used them, but ALan Parbery (?) who runs Mistral knows a thing or two about making boilies.

Get me a bag whilst you're at it.

Chasing The Dream

Reaction score
Have a look at the £35 for 10 kg special offers on the mistral website, good quality just over runs.........Ideal!

Morespiders

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Chasing The Dream wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Have a look at the £35 for 10 kg special offers on the mistral website, good quality just over runs.........Ideal!</blockquote>

Bargain Ben, for crumbing, freebies and bait. £3-50 a kilo.

I remember 20 years ago having a load of Mistral offcuts, had themfor 3 years, and used them on Birch Grove, not the easiest of waters, my young son and myself both caught, others using other baits didnt

Chasing The Dream

Reaction score
It is a very good quality bait/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif, and at a great price too/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Although i very rarely do any speci carp type fishing nowadays,i have used mistral baits before and i never had a problem with them and would certainly use them again.

At the end of the day,mistralwant you to catch carp etc... using their baits and they certainly wouldn`t produce and sell a pile of old crap would they .John Wilson wouldn`t put his name to something he thought was a pile of old tat either,would he.

Infact,i`m sure i`ve got some mistral isotonic boillies soaking away in rose hip flavouring in my baits container ???? Tench and bream love em !!!

I rememember a long time ago when mistral were based in an old terraced property in wellingboro,northants and they had their boiling drums etc.... in an old shed type thing at the bottom of the properties yard.I used to deliver and collect from there forparcelforce.

Windy

Reaction score
Back to the original post, where is it you can get them for £2.99 for an 800 g bag ? Name address and internet linky linky chapter and verse appreciated please. Putting 'Boyes' into Google didn't help much and I can't find them anywhere at that price.

Ben Haigh

Reaction score
Here you go windy, the store locator should tell you if you have one nearby.

http://www.boyes.co.uk/

for anyone who's intererested, i have used these now, as well as some tiger nut ones i went back for, with moderate success. they caught me fish, but they never tore the place apart. however, i was using them on a water that sees little if any boilies going in, due to the very light pressure the water sees, and the dominance of meat and sweetcorn.

they have sold out at the minute in my local boyes, but the staff seemed to think they would be getting more in sometime soon.