Tackle Graveyards

chub angler

Reaction score
I was thinking about how many leads, swim feeders, method feeders etc that must be littering the bottom of the waters we fish and that if fish are put off by them why do they still feed in the areas their in.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
I would think that like most thing in the water - once they have been there a while fish get used to seeing them and treat them as part of the lake/river bed

Lord Paul

Reaction score
plenty of mine just hang from trees and bushes/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I can tell you that on Woody's stretch of the Thames there are none at all.

Well, not after he got that cheap scuba gear off of e-bay that is.

chub angler

Reaction score
Paul I made the mistake of trying to pull a 2oz weight back from the bushes on the other side of the river when I just started fishing /forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif.

L

Laurie Harper

My shed's a tackle graveyard. It's full of stuff I don't use any more. Must do a few car boot sales...

W

Wolfman Woody

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Peter Jacobs wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I can tell you that on Woody's stretch of the Thames there are none at all.

Well, not after he got that cheap scuba gear off of e-bay that is.</blockquote>

Lie!

I'll have you know that one day in a couple of thousand years time, the Thames will cut a new channel direct from Sonning to Maidenhead and bypass Henley and Marlow. That's sure to upset the Henley Regatta, but more importantly, soemone will then dig around what used to be Marlow weir and think they've found a new lead mine!

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Do you think lake owners would consider sending down a bloke in scuba gear once a year to clear fishing debris from their lakes then ?

chub angler

Reaction score
no but I bet they would get loads probably a couple of rods as well depends how snaggy the lake is

fred hall

Reaction score
Back to the original question - I don't think lost terminal tackle puts the fish off but I do think that it can make a snaggy swim even more difficult to fish.

chub angler

Reaction score
I fished by the Vicky bridge and I hooked 3 swim feeders and someone tied their hook link to a 3oz lead and the line snapped and a 4lb barbel had to tow it round.