flying backleads

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
I have been given some flying back leads to use on a lake that has jet skis on it. They are bullet shaped with a concave face, but my question is which way round do they fit on the line. Ive read an article in one of the carp mags and a certain name brand angler has one as part of his set up but it looks the wrong way round to me. Surely the concave face must be facing the hook and bait in order for the wind resistance to push it back up the line closer to the rod tip ?

Help ?

Reaction score
That's right Trev - concave end facing the hook to catch the wind resistance to push it up the line on the cast.

Maybe you are holding the magazine upside down or it may be for catching Australian carp.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Suppose the pointed end first would also not come back as far, depends wher you want you back lead to end up, near or far.

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
I`ve always gone with the rig marole and korda ones that you slip onto the line once youve cast out, then let it slide down the line to a desired spot

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Trev a quick question for you . Do you have L & R on you shoes so you know which foot they go on ?.

God you post some silly questions LOL and I know you what on earth does the great unwashed think !!!! LOL.

And you coach people LOL

Remmember always open the doorbefore you try and come in !.

Windy

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Ian Gemson wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Trev a quick question for you . Do you have L & R on you shoes so you know which foot they go on ?.

God you post some silly questions LOL and I know you what on earth does the great unwashed think !!!! LOL.

And you coach people LOL

Remmember always open the doorbefore you try and come in !.</blockquote>

Charming. I really hope this is a tongue in cheek jest between close friends.

If not then it's just bloody ignorant.

Even if it is just an overstated jest between friends its in the wrong place. This isn't Baitbox.

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
OOOHHH Windy touchy arnt we.

Trev and I go way back and as this is the interweb and the the UK with free dom of speech and all that I can poke fun at my mates if I want to so there LOL

All said in a fun type way mate

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Ive got C and A in my pants too..

Yeah I spose I do post some strange questions but it is after all an open forum, most of them I post to generate open conversation.

Windy im not worried about Ians comments, like he says it was said in fun.

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Trev I have toldyou to keep that little secret your own mate no thewhole wide world Knows you are a cross dresser OOOPPPSS LOL.

But to answer your question flying back leads go blunt end towards the hook and another uesful snippet the heavier the back lead the further they will fly (Travel).

PS dont get to hung up on back leads spend you money on good sinking Mono like GL Pro Clear without doubt the best sinking mono I have ever used. And it casts like a dream at 12lb it is only .29mm dia compared to Kordas new line wich is .33mm for 12lb and they rant about it being a casting line .

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
can I have my stilettos back if youve finished with them Ian./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif