Bon Voyage, Ron

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
As most of you are already aware, having been found guilty of secreting a loaf of bread about his person in Morrisons, old Ron Clay isbeing shipped off to the Colonieson Sunday and may be away for a while.

As I've been out fishing for much of the week and will be out again for the next couple of days I'll not get much chance to speak with him I'd like totake this opportunity to wish him well on the voyage and offer my sympathies to the poor bu88er who will have to sit next to him for the full 26 hours!

Boy, what that bloke won't know about Walker and South Africa won't be worth repeating...

Also, on behalf of the rest of the DVSG (most of whom are also out fishing),good luck, Ron.

I'm sure they'll have the Internet out there but do yourself a favour old son. Leave the keyboard alone and enjoy the sunshine. Get yourself a tan, make sure you fish every day and go easy on the tinnies. When you get back you'll be a damn site fitter and we can all read about the bonzer baramundi you've been catching.

Take care mate. We'll see you around in a while.

The Monk

Reaction score
Ave a good un mate, speak to you when you get back/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Morespiders

Reaction score
Have a good trip Ron, take care, watch out for them spiders in the dunnys.

Look forward to seeing you at Press Manor

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Have a great trip Ron, and don't forget to tell us all about it when you get back.

I should be fully retired by then/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

S

Sean Meeghan

Have a great trip Ron - don't forget the support hose!

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Watch out for the Sheilas Ron, they're mightily forthright /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Have a ripper.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Have a good holiday Ron...

We will see you on your return...by the way...my last fish of the season...

A barbel

10lb 1oz

My first and only double of the season

Chevin

Reaction score
Looks like Ron will be staying with me for a while, so let's hope I can get him into some fishing for him to talk about. A trip up to the Pilbarra is a possility we are considering, but as yet we have made no decision on that one. For those interested, the port of call will be Exmouth in Western Australia. I am sure that a search on the town will have something about the fishing and diving there.

Gary Dolman

Reaction score
Don't forget to look out for the 10,000 year old rock drawings of UFO's Ron, the truth is out there (in the outback), that's not the dunny, thats where the funnel webs live.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Ron, I'm looking forward to you coming back so you can tune up my fly fishing skills!

F

Fred Bonney

My brother Ted lives in Exmouth Chevin, and fishes regularly from the beach, and his son in laws boat.

It's great spot, I drove up from Perth for a few days with him, a year or so ago.

I will go back, and fish next time, last time I got burnt off the beach!!

B

Bully

And there I was thinking that I would never feel sorry for the Aussies /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

W

Wolfman Woody

We sent Rod Hull in the 60s.

They sent him back ................................. with a puppet from HELL!

/forum/smilies/devil_smiley.gif<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0" width="425" height="350"><param name="src" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sqrg_VCPgAQ" /><param name="width" value="425" /><param name="height" value="350" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sqrg_VCPgAQ" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>Oh, bit late now if he's gone, but have a good time, Ron.

slime monster

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Gary Dolman wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Don't forget to look out for the 10,000 year old rock drawings of UFO's Ron, the truth is out there (in the outback), that's not the dunny, thats where the funnel webs live.</blockquote>
There may be a rock drawing of Ron there he's that old/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif