Last Knockings

Morespiders

Reaction score
Good piece Sean, all I have caught all week was my jumper on a nail (decorating)

Twas a fat little bugger,

See you at Press?

broomy

Reaction score
Good reading as always

Had my last outing this afternoon on the lower Tees, two three pound chub as darkness fell to 10mm pellet. But no Barble, thought these recent slightly warmer and lighter days may have made a difference.

Sean I have tried your methods on the Tees regularly througout the winter months with no sucess at all,even thechub have been hard to catch .

As a comment I am seeing Otter presence every time out on the lower Tees. Even saw one on the Swaledownstream of Morton Bridge.Last week just below Dinsdale I had one in the water in front of me making a loud hissing noise. Could of tapped the thing on the head with the rod end.

Roll on June 16th

C

Cakey

superb Sean ...............................who took the "cover" picture ?

colsmiff

Reaction score
Feeling sorry for you guys, only just considering startingto fishthe rivers after the winter we have had over here. Roll on this weekend- four day bank holiday!

Skoda

Reaction score
Splendid article Sean, many thanks; another last minute barbel saves the day! We’ll have to change that nickname though; I think ‘Wordsworth’ might be more appropriate (silence settles over the silvery landscape).

What a funny shaped barbel !

Hope to see you in the summerAndy

J

john conway (CSG - ACA)

Brilliant as ever Sean, your last paragraph mirroring how I felt last night as I walked back to my van under a full moon with just a whisper of mist settling over the Ribble. I too had just two fish a barbel and a chub. However, my last trip will be tonight and as I always do, I'll stop for a wee while and take one last look at the river and feel very nostalgic before I drive home.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Another truly lovely article Sean.

My last coarse river trip was last weekend, so from now on it will be stalking Trout on the local river, 3/4 outfit, providing Ican get myself a new line today, I'll start later on this afternoon.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
The 'cover' (home page) shot is the Wye. I just wanted a nice river pic on the home page for the next few days and Sean's article linked with that nicely.

Gary Dolman

Reaction score
Nice one again Sean, and a really evocative shot of the Wye Graham

F

Fred Bonney

Thanks Sean, another great read as always.

I had my last trip yesterday but, as a result of an excellent chub, I've decided to have one more go tomorrow, just in case the long lady want's to finish my season with a flourish.

S

Sean Meeghan

Thanks guys - it's always a sad moment when I pack up for the last time at the end of the season. Still I've got the spotted vermin to look forward to!

I might not be able to make the Press manor do Spideyas Ron kindly scheduled it on the mrs' birthday!

Nothing like a nice bit of alliteration Andy - good job there weren't any daffodils about!

Morespiders

Reaction score
Sean, hit the missus in the centre of her head with a hammer, when she wakes up tell her her birthday was last week, and you took her out for a meal.

I do it every year to mine, she's still not cottoned on what the lump on her heads from.

Er, Er, spotted vermin?,

S

Sean Meeghan

With any luck she might be working - the one thing that hasn't fallen in recent months is the birthrate!

Yes you know those silly spotted things that drive you crackers when you're grayling fishing!

Morespiders

Reaction score
Hell, how many does she have a year,

Stupid me spotted vermin. I sometimes wonder about myself, sat here for ten minutes trying to work it out and not look stupid/forum/smilies/eye_rolling_smiley.gif

S

Sean Meeghan

No silly - she's a midwife at Chesterfield Royal. We think she was the one who dropped Cat on his head when he was born.

Morespiders

Reaction score
There i go again, when it's spelt out for me I understand.

Didnt know they delivered kittens in hospitals/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Just got in from my last river trip.Caught off & on all day and ended with a fresh run sea trout of around 3lb and a roach of 1-10 on me last two chucks.

But the best bits were

1.Watching a huge barn owl quartering the meadow towards evening and

2.Somehow managing not to hit the brainless twat in the Citroen that pulled out straight in front of me through the roadworks on the M3.

If you were the bloke behind who didn't run into me then you sir are a gentleman and I applaud you. How I stopped and how you missed me I will never know.

It clearly pays to have a fat mate.I think it was the extra drag that saved us.