Trout @ Bewl

R

Ralph Abbott

A a keen coarse fisherman I have been asked to a days fishing on Bewl Kent

Have been practising casting with brothers gear and now bought myself 9 foot trout rod & reel.

The question is what line do I need, floating ,sinking And has anyone got any ideas for flys & technique.

Thanks in advance

F

Fergal Scully

Hi ralph, I don't fish in england myself but I would imagine at this time of the year buzzers and small dries would work on a floating line. Also booby's on hi density sinking lines. I know its a rival site but you can get info from www.fishing.co.uk where you can view past trout week articles which are usually based on these type of resevoirs.

P

Paul Davey

Ralph you will want a floating line , a intermediate and fast sink. The trouble with Bewl is you never know what depth the fish will be feeding at. I would start with the intermediate line and after an hour if ive had no luck i would try one of the others. As for flys the GH fritze Damsel has been a good fly for me this year followed by the Coral or Orange Booby. Then your Buzzers and run of the mill Nymphs. I hope this has helped you but I warn you Bewl can be very hard this time of the year.
Good luck.