Another example

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
SV400002.JPG

Here's a nice picture of Woody with a 9.04 barbel taken fron the weir at Marlow yesterday. if you look closely you can just see the beginnings of a smile turning up the corners of his mouth, becuase the cunning, swim-pinching git is holding MY barbel. Or a least it would have been if he hadn't started fishing right next to me and casting into my swim

I could do a write up of the session, but I 'm still too choked to even think about it at the moment..........!

NIGE K

Reaction score
nice fish kevin oh sorry i mean woody good swim selection.

A

alan whittington

kevin,you are certainly not alone blanking on the thames since xmas has been easy ask my mate bill(4 in a row,and he is 70 years old and normally does well,i dont know why he wants to borrow my rope with a noose on it)

W

Wolfman Woody

Aw, you two-faced son of a ...... And I was all apologetic to you when I caught it and admitted that it should have been your fish. It was your day, you chose the swim and I fished upstream so as the fish came up they would get to yours first.

And now, you betray me with this tirade.

Well, stuff you Kevin Perkins! Try putting a half decent sized bait on your hook before people think you're a Yorkshireman, tight git!

And as for next time .........................................................

K

Kevin Perkins

Now, now, calm down Jeff....!

Or I will tell them how you toldme we were goingbarbel fishing and then proceeded to get the jerkbaits out and proceeded to catch a pike.......(without even offering me a go with your tackle, I might add)

And as for those secret barbel baits you kept themallto yourself until you'd snaffled a fish out of my swim........

Still, there's always next time!!!!!!!

W

Wolfman Woody

/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

OK, but wait until the summer now. It's close season don't you know?

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Deanos

Reaction score
Well, stuff you Kevin Perkins! Try putting a half decent sized bait on your hook before people think you're a Yorkshire man, tight git!

EXCUSE ME WOODY! The fallacy of Yorkshire anglers not putting large baits on the hook OR leathering out vast amounts of pellet and stuff into the drink should be laid to rest once and for all!

I borrowed a sackful of pellets from Sean and chucked the lot in!(if its pies for me..or pellets for the fish in my ruck sack..well no contest...me mam cant carry both, shes getting on a bit now!).

Often I shall place 2...YES I SAID TWO maggots on the hook (borrowed from Sean also), or fill up a feeder with maybe 5 maggots (Sean has some great feeders I can tell you, I actually borrowed a few off him).

So you are just a bit wrong.

Best thing you can do Kevin is boot him in if he nicks your swim again!

W

Wolfman Woody

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Kevin Perkins * * * * * * * * wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

then proceeded to get the jerkbaits out and proceeded to catch a pike.......</blockquote>

You forgot to mention that tilefish I hooked with all the rope attached.

That fought well.