The Alternative Angler ? Seasoning Optional?

W

Wolfman Woody

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif funny

/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif the Thames trip we planned

/forum/smilies/baring_teeth_smiley.gif it's over for now.

/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif to next season (if it's a good one for a change)

/forum/smilies/thinking_smiley.gif about some close season trout fishing now on the Thames, with jerkbaits?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Well written sentiments Kevin, you probably sum up the closed season situation for many who have not already made their minds up as to which side of the fence they sit.

W

Wolfman Woody

<blockquote class=quoteheader> Lord Paul of Sheffield (DFKDFC) (SSDD) wrote (see)
</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Kevin - sums up my thought perfectly</blockquote>

Just the ONE then m'lud?

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

More water with it, methinks!

Mr.Mac

Reaction score
Having lived for many years in Scandinavia,I have never really understood why it is deemed neccessary for a closed season at all.In most countries coarse continues all year round and just to add,in Scandinavia,they eat Perch and Pike!!

This closed season does seem very out of date and,dare I say,typically British from the century before last.

Oh and by the way,the fish still spawn and thrive even there.

Reaction score
Mr.Mac

To be fair the population density in Scandanavia is far less than in the UK - so there is less impact on fish stocks when anglers do kill for the pot.

Mr.Mac

Reaction score
Mr.Mac

To be fair the population density in Scandanavia is far less than in the UK - so there is less impact on fish stocks when anglers do kill for the pot.

Yes of course but here we freshwater anglers carefully put back the fish we catch,except for game fish .

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"Having lived for many years in Scandinavia"

Having only lived in Norway for 15 years, and noting that 'we' had an enforced iced-up closed season for about 4 to 5 months of the year,I hope you will not take exception if I take your observations with a very large pinch of salt!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

A special large smiley thing ------>....HERE....< for Peter

Wiktor z Polski/Dr. Wodka

Reaction score
There is no close season in poland either, only protecting time for diffrent species in diffrent time of the year and even many fish end up on the table there is still fish swimming in the water./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gifAnd also used to have to pass very hard exam to hold a fishing licence.All fisherman's know a lot about fish and they habitats etc.

Mr.Mac

Reaction score
Having only lived in Norway for 15 years, and noting that 'we' had an enforced iced-up closed season for about 4 to 5 months of the year,I hope you will not take exception if I take your observations with a very large pinch of salt!

The Swedes and the Norwegian never have got on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My observations are based on FACT...... not PINCHES OF SALT.

chub angler

Reaction score
Wiktor thats why you fish well over here./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif.

Wiktor z Polski/Dr. Wodka

Reaction score
Mr Mac you can save your time by clicking on the bottom right corner if you want to quote anybody, also if you want receive private messages you can set it up in my profile,top right corner.then you notice message member on the bottom ,as above./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

I fish well because i fish allot,I dont think I do much different on the water then anybody else, chub./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif