How busy was........

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Following on from the other threads bemoaning and supporting the closed season.

Yesterday I and far too many others went down to the Bristol Avon to get the last day on the river. I say far too many because it was packed to the gunnels. Without the enforced closure it would probably have been like it has been for the last couple of months, half a dozen anglers along a three mile stretch.

Over the next three months ( a whole quarter of the year! ) the banks will be empty. Nobody will notice the effluent that discharges death to the fish we are protecting. None will warn the authorities and good venues will become the worse for lack of a watchful eye.

If, over the next few months, the same half a dozen or so anglers were there, blanking as most were yesterday, would the fish really be any the wiser?

PS. No I didn't blank /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

chub angler

Reaction score
I didnt get to go on the 14th /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif.

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Okay, proof reading is a waste of time if you get the simple things wrong like dates!!! /forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

I did mean the 14th, obviously! /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

E

EC

There were a few more than usual on my local, but it certainly wasn't packed.

W

Wolfman Woody

Ours was packed at the hotel stretch. Crowds of people, you couldn't get in the car park at all, most of them walking down to the river seeing as it was a nice warm-ish day, all with their glasses of shampers.

There was a wedding on with 200+ guests. No other bugger could get near the place.

/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

chub angler

Reaction score
The weather was sh*t for the whole of the last 2 weeks and the season closes beaming sunshine its allways the same .

Xplorer1

Reaction score
Well I had an excellent time on my chosen stream. The weather was OK/good, I didn't see another soul all morning, and I banked a 3lb 60z chub, which is my biggest yet from this water.

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
My local lake was empty, same as last year............/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

LongMan

Reaction score
One other angler on my favourite stretch, first one I've seen all winter, although he saw me and dissapeared, bit odd, maybe her indoors was beckoning.

LongMan

Reaction score
Hmmm, could have.

I try not to be so cinical, but you never know.