The River Wye at Belmont

big lew

Reaction score
Help please ,i am new to the River Wye and will be spending a week on the Belmont stretch is there any chance somebody could help me regarding what to expect ,tackle,methods and roughly what size are the Barbel there. Cheers

marie marling

Reaction score
Big Lew I live in Hereford if your on about this summer I would not fish the Belmont match stretch P.M . me and I will tell you where to try .

big lew

Reaction score
Thanks for that M.M. We will be fishing the Belmont Lodge stretch .

chub angler

Reaction score
Average barbel 3lb-4lb lots of with the odd double to 12lb if you get a 8lb er you've done well its worth trying.tackle 8lb H.L. 12lb M.L. pellet and feeder tactics work well.it can get busy so leave early to go fishing phone Sues angling Hinton road.

big lew

Reaction score
Oh buggerluggs we've booked a week at the lodge,are we wasting our time? I only get to barbel once a year so size dont really worry us ,as long as i get a bend in the ol'carbon

chub angler

Reaction score
Bramble_1.jpg

marie marling

Reaction score
not wasting your time Lew Its just the HDAA control the majority of the wye through Hereford watch your rod or the barbel will have it in/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif.

preston96

Reaction score
SSSSShush Marie.....................save all your little hot spots for me, i'm half Herefordonian /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

big lew

Reaction score
You dont have to worry about your hot spots,M.M

a} i've got to find Hereford !

b}you haven't seen my casting !

thanks all for your help /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

big lew

Reaction score
to all you barbel anglers ,what type of feeders do you recommend for the Wye and the Severn ? I'm only used to p.v.a stringers,which is how we fished the Kennet .cheers

chub angler

Reaction score
black caps with enlarged holes and micro pellets or open ended feeders plugged with ground bait

D

Dave Burr

For pellet fishing check out Feeders-direct, their large pellet feeders are just the job.

big lew

Reaction score
just another small question,i am having a week on the river severn bewdley ,in fact,what are the chances of getting a double figure barbel also are there many in the wye ? thanxs

chub angler

Reaction score
From my own experience of the Wye I would say there are a few low doubles but loads of smaller Barbel and I haven't fished at Bewdley

D

Dave Burr

If you want double figure barbel I would suggest that Bewdley and the Wye are not your best venues. But if you catch one on either you can rightly feel proud.