New style rod licence

S

Scott Whatmore

I got mine today.

CanI say a big congrats to the EA for updating it to a credit card size and covering it in aplastic coating.

Mine from last year was looking very shabby by about July. I assume this new style will be looking good and more importantly remaining legible for its lifetime.

What a superb looking perch it has on it too!

Stephan

Reaction score
Ah-it`s time then. I am looking forward to being licenced again.

Who remembers when licences were just for an area?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Why did they send me and Wend a reminder?

What a waste of money!

Does everyone who boughta licencelast year get a reminder?

That must cost thousands that could be spent on something more useful if they do?

F

Fred Bonney

Sods law Steve if they didn't there would be someone saying why don't they send reminders.

I agree though, once again a bigexpense to allow for those in the minority.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Just seems daft to me Fred.

I would have thought any angler who bought a licence last year wouldn't need a reminder. If they are unsure when to renew it? Itsays when it runs out on the old licence.

A daft waste of money in my opinion...............

Reaction score
Yep, I got an unnecessary reminder too.

In one sentence it states, "...please make sure you have this letter to hand." (when renewing)

A few sentences later it states, "You do not need to keep this letter."

What are they on about?

GreyFox

Reaction score
more wastage..

I buy two rod licences (sometimes use three rods)..

got TWO seperate reminders, one for each of my licences!

S

Scott Whatmore

I do the direct debit thing. I dont need a reminder or anything else.

It gets done for me.

Shimplesh! (addthe meercat.com advert type voice over)

D

Dave Slater

New licence arrived today. A big improvement on the old one. Very well designed. I did not like the old paper ones at all. Personally I don't need a reminder but I know people who do not fish as much sometimes forget. A friend forgot to get one last year so I got them one when I got mine in case they forgot this year.

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
Got mine today.

Sorry chaps, not too impressed at all. Nice perch but one of the corners started to peel away when I was trying to get the card from the letter. Also the letter did not have the liscence number on it for reference if you loose the card. As regards to sending out reminders,I got a letter to say that it woud be sent in the near future as I pay by direct debit.

Yacko

Reaction score
When I pay for something I like to take it away with me. Not wait and see if it turns up in the post.- (dont do mail order much)

But mine actually did turn up- I thought it might be a bit more robust but at least as long as I dont forget my wallet I will have it with me

C

Cakey

I ordered 6 licences on line using the same address and same credit card and got 6 letters

Reaction score
Got reminder, got licence..nice design...but too small..like to keep it in clubs card..old paper one was substantial and unlikely to be lost. Also credit card size is so fiddly for a person with hands my size..very palmist...perhaps I'll sue!

A

alan whittington

got mine and i thought it would be a little more rigid (like a credit card),supposedly the post office are supposed to use your reminders for your details and then you are given a proof of purchase and the licence forwarded by post,unless bought on the phone or internet(complicated enough)

R

Richard Drayson

Received mine in the post yesterday. I like the credit card size but would have preferred a plastic card as opposed to paper. As Wobbly Face said above, be careful when removing it from the letter as the plastic coating can come away at the corners.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Got mine today.I like it in every respect except that it seems a tad flimsy and is a complete bugger to get out of the letter.A proper plastic credit card would have been better and at 70 sovs for a full licence I reckon thats not unreasonable.

But it still doesn't solve my problem of where to keep the damn thing.I rarely take my wallet fishing and I have to keep remembering to swap my permit/licence wallet between bags.A right pain.

Will the EA accept copies now its all bar coded ? They didn't use to.

Skippy