New PB Mahseer

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Holy mother...what a beautiful looking fish, lean and full of muscles. I bet that put a heck of a fight on.....very well done ****y...a new PB to be very proud of./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

nice one

amazing mouth, might have a dabble for them in the not to distant future

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
I wish Richard, a luxury I couldn't afford /forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

Reaction score
Cheers folks,

Most excitingscrap of my life!!!!/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Caught on 60lb braid, 30lb mono trace and 6" Red Gill shad.

There isn't a fish in the UK that fights anything like it. You can set your clutch so hard that it's 'impossible' to for it to give, and even a modest sized mahseer will strip line off!.

The next fish made mince-meat of the hook!
Mangled_Hook.JPG

Reaction score
Look at the stunning scenery in the back ground,with the sun rising and the mist coming off the water. coupled with that beautiful fish, it sounds like you had a great trip.

samantha boatema frimpong

Gary Newman

Reaction score
Well done ****y, nice fish, looks like a Tor Kudhree from the colour of it? If so i didn't realise that they had them up where you are fishing?
Can't wait to get back out there myself, probably won't be until December though when I'm back on the Cauvery for a month.

Reaction score
taxonomy.jpg

Hi Gary,

It certainly looks less humpy than Tor Mussullah, but I got terminally taxonically confused when we started catching these weird dudes (see above) on our last trip to thatpart of the riverin 2007. Lonavala is a confusing element; there are (as i understand it) about 5 or 6 species swanning about.

Dr. Mark would be the man to ask /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Cheers for keeping the venue under wraps.

As you knowthe chaps who scrupulously conserve that part of the river want to keep the location quiet.

I'm hoping to get back early next year, when I shall mostly be chucking lures about. It's so much more rewarding than sweating it out behind a ragi ball.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Get in there ****y, what a fantastic adventure.

Jeff tells me you've got something else to announce! /forum/smilies/dont_tell_anyone_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

N

Nobby C (ACA)

How apt, I've just picked out my 'Circumventing the mahseer' off the shelf and popped on to the site and this comes along.

Had tor putitora myself, standard and the thick lipped model.

Great scenery, unbelievable fight, unforgettable holiday.

Gary Newman

Reaction score
No problem ****y, very rare that i ever mention a venue, pus i fancy a look up there myself sometime, just getting the time to do it.
The tor Kudhree seem to be doing very well in the Cauvery, had them up to 52 so far myself (assuming the ID on that fish was correct) so they must grow very quickly as it wasn't that long ago that Tata stocked them from their place in Mumbai.
I actually prefer the look of the tor putitora (Himalayan mahseer) but they are much harder to track down, as you know, and the chances of a big one are very limited - although sayin that a friend has just sent me a shot of a 55 from the Ramganga caught on one of the trips that he runs, caught last week and very impressive looking.
I do enjoy fishing the Cauvery as there is still a chance of catching a 100-pounder, but i do enjoy lure fishing for them as well, more exciting than waiting for a bite on ragi.
If my trip to South America after lau lau catfish doesn't happen then I'll be back in the Himalayas in the Autumn, if not I'll have to wait until December.

Bridge

Reaction score
well done matey!,surely you can manage more than one catch of a life time?.our family holiday home isalmost complete up in dehra dun ,so its only a matter time when i get my line wet !

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Bored with the "Conkers"?

I read about your last-day bag, Bridge - well done!

Better make the Dehra Dun place a hotel, methinks...

Struth, ****y, thats a helluva fish. Well done you, too!

preston96

Reaction score
Nice one ****y!!.......have you got a few fingerlings inthose sample jars?......the one,s marked "Severn" and "Thames"? /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

We will make "em" forget the Z's /forum/smilies/devil_smiley.gif

Reaction score
Hi Bridge,

Hope you are well mate. What's this about last day bags? You been back amongst those massive chub?

Glad to hearour fishing lodge is nearly ready!! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gifLOL!!

Hi Paul,

All safely stocked, only a matter of time before there are real tigers in the Teme!!/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

Hope you had a good end to the season mate. I'm getting a game licence on April 1st and am going to have a serious crack at catching my first Severn salmon.

Thanks all for your kind comments, I can't wait to get back to India.