Barbel Days and Ways Vol 2

R

Ray Wood 1

On Saturday 14/03 I received an e-mail from Stu Walker informing me that “Barbel Days and Ways” volume two would soon be available to buy. The e-mail gave me the chance to pre-order a copy prior to the release date and so I ordered a copy having bought volume one which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Having placed my order I expected to wait until mid April to get my copy but to my amazement a copy drop though my letter box today.

I have just watch it and have to say it is just what I expected it to be a beautiful insight into the underwater world that barbel inhabit

Anyone who fails to enjoy this well presented trip into the world of barbel angling is surely missing something.

It is a joy to watch anglers like Bob and Stu and everyone else involved in the making of these DVD’s. It clearly shows they enjoy fishing for barbel and their enthusiasm has certainly rubbed off on me. I am sure that any young angler who is lucky enough to be given a copy will become a barbel angler of the future.

I would like to thank both Bob and Stu sincerely because watching this DVD has reminded me of why I love barbel fishing so much and why I only fish rivers.

I can recommend both volume one and two to anyone who not only enjoys barbel fishing but to anyone who enjoys river fishing. I give both volumes ten out of ten and I hope there will be a volume three in the not to distant future.

Well done guys and you can be proud of both DVD’s and the way you have present them.

Kind regards

Ray

A

alan whittington

same as you ray,i think its an improvement on the first one which i thought would be difficult to achieve,god knows how many times i will watch cos it beats hell out of eastenders/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif.well bryan at least you have something to look forward to

A

alan whittington

cant be all bad,beats me going shopping with her indoors eh bryan

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
How true.

I must admit i love this diving lark. The sense of solitude and how insignificante we are is bliss.

M

Matthew White

I got my copy on Saturday and it is excellent, a really good DVD.

The underwater sequences are even better on this volume, rivetting to watch.

10 out of 10 to Bob and Stu.

D

Dave Burr

Slightly different response on this site then Ray - did you have a wager on it? /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
What's being said elsewhere then Dave, and who's saying it?

F

Fred Bonney

Now you've done it Tony, nobody knew what sitehe was talking about until now!!

R

Ray Wood 1

Bryan,

I am sure you will enjoy the DVD./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Kind regards

Ray

D

Dave Burr

Hi Graham.

Nothing new or particularly exciting.

It would appear that some on the BS site took Ray's similar post as an opportunity to have a go at Bob Roberts.

I have been told today that the thread on there has been locked and that Steve Pope has claimed that he will no longer be posting on internet forums.

Now if we can just get Fred to do the same /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

F

Fred Bonney

No chance while there arethose around who need guidance!!/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Especially those that go around with personal agenda's which are nothing to do with fishing and if they are one off posters with nothing to add to the site.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
It's all clear now, yet another barbel war. Whatever turns you on I suppose.

And Bob loves all the free publicity that goes with the sniping. Sometimes he even pretends he's angry about it so his excellent DVDs get yet another mention.

Good angler is Bob, gets loads of bites./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Kerching, kerching!

Deanos

Reaction score
Dont you worry Lee! This season I shall be making my own film on "Extreme Gudgeon fishing"....and you can be in that if you want.

For the underwater sequences I have cut the bottom out of a bucket, and shall stick me camera in that (if Bob had thought of that he would not have had to become a frogman!), and intend to float down the river on me mams lie-low that we got at Cleethorpes last year filming the "Prince of the stream" in its natural environment!

AND CAN I JUST SAY MR ROBERTS, I HAVE MY EYE ON YOU...I THOUGHT OF THIS FIRST AND SHALL SEEK LEGAL ADVISE, OR ALTERNATIVLEY SEND "BIG BARRY" AROUND TO HAVE A WORD WITH YOU IF MY IDEA GETS NICKED!

Lee Swords

Reaction score
LOL!

Count me in Deanos!

....onto the barbel wars

I only wish that thosewho chooseattack others efforts with so much entusiasm could channel that energy into something constructive...wether or not a DVD is to a persons tastes is irrelevant...they made the effort.

I salute them