Beginers luck

M

MCMILLIGAN

My first carp session and overnighter i landed a 18lb 40z mirror and a few other pieces i am now looking to buy some bite alarms for a budget of about 40 quid i only need two what do you recommend???

Tony Cummings

Reaction score
Well done on the carp mate.

No contest with regards to the bite alarms; get yourself two fox micron M bite alarms....you should get two for not much more than £20 each.

If you buy some second hand alarms you'll get some nice fox alarms with a few more features like seperate volume / tone controls but in my opinion, you don't really need anything more than the Micron M.

Barney 2

Reaction score
I recently changed my alarms from "bargains" to Micron M & Micron MX.So far, very pleased with them. Feel better quality, rubber inserts, very small and haven't missed a beat.

Congratulations on the fish!

Tony Cummings

Reaction score
No disrespect meant to Monty Python but I'd stick with Fox mate; I still use a Fox Mini Micron that must be 12 / 13 year old...still going strong despite zero care...just chucked into my bag soaking wet through. Not recommended though McMilligan!

Once you get into it and if you decide to spend a bit more money, take a look at Delkims orSteve Neville alarms; quality that has stood the test of time.

Carpless

Reaction score
Sorry Monty but I can't recommend those alarms. My mate bought 2 with a wireless reciever as his first alarms and on the 2nd session we had a little bit of rain, not much more than a shower. Both alarms started malfunctioning so he binned them (not literally) and spent the extra money and replaced them with Fox Micron EOS X's and the TXR plus system for 200 all together. Hasn't looked back since.

The point is, quality should not be sacrificed because they are your first alarms. And there is no need to with micron warriors going at less than 15 quid a pop. The M2's not costing that much more.

Monty Python

Reaction score
i hear what your saying, buy the best you can every time then no regrets, my fist alarms were wichwood cheepies, lasted one of two days then stoped working so i then whent out and bought myself 2fox worriors, paid about£17 for them, still got them and still use them now and then.for the money they are the dogs.

then i started doing the odd bit of night fishing, not being one to have my alarms on full blast on the bank wantedsome witha reciver. saw the sundrige in my local tackle shop and bought them for £79.99. that was 2 years ago. and ican honestly say they have never let me down, and i have fished all weathers. all i can say is you must have bought a duff set. for the moneythey exelent value and will do anyone who doesnt want to spend the earth.

£30+ postage if anyone is intrested

Reason for sale. 3 new ATTs

Monty Python

Reaction score
the box +3 alarms and reciver. the reciver is minus the belt clip due to my undersanding partners rage at me fishing.Basicly all what you see in the link in my above most.

Matt Jones

email jonesm73@googlemail.com

Carpless

Reaction score
Maybe so. I'm not out to stop people from being able to sell things but i find varied accounts help. Just my (or rather my friends) experience with them.