National carriers for rods etc.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Have any of you used a national carrier recently for rods or boxes, because all the ones I have rung say that you have to have an account before you can use them? Please don't suggest post office because they don't do it.

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
I sent a rod section back to the manufacturer last year through my local post office?

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
In the last week i have posted a rod in a tube and a wrapped up korum day session shelter via the post office.

As far as i`m aware,you don`t need an account to post with TNT and parcelforce ???

F

Fred Bonney

The Post Office/ParcelForce have length restrictions.(unless you know the postmaster)

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
I was unaware of length restrictions Fred, I took my rod section to the post office, packed in a length of plumbing pipe (approx 5') paid the lady and off it went.

preston96

Reaction score
Graham.....pay for the postage on paypal then take it directly to the sorting office, i have sent loads that way.

preston96

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Fred Bonney wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>The Post Office/ParcelForce have length restrictions.(unless you know the postmaster)</blockquote>

some PO's adhere to it Fred, others don't.....i know the local PO's that don't and have never had a prob.......the sorting offices are better still, they know they have comp and ignore the stupid rules..........it's down to jobsworths but i have never had a problem.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I tried the local P.O. a couple of years ago for a rod and they pointed out that the length restriction was to do with the size of pick-up and delivery vehicles used by them and refused to accept it hence the reason I said not the P.O.

I will try the P.O.again but I will also ring thatInterparcel (thanks Fred) tomorrow and see what they have to say. Thanks for your suggestions guys.

F

Fred Bonney

Graham, I used the site for four old rods a while ago, and they were very good.

On-line order, through quote & book,theyturn up at your door and deliver almost next day.