Rods again sorry folk!!!

james lynch 3

Reaction score
Hiya agian iveas some of you will know ive beenoffered 2 nice sets of rods both (used) 1st set is the 3x original greys prodigy 2.5tc for £150,,,2nd 3x Chub power weave 3lb tc for £140,,,PLEASE help me as ive only got till 2 oclock to make my mind up thanks so much lads hope you can help

C

Cakey

depends what you want them for

just a quick example ,I use 2.5's here in England superb for all types of carp fishing

I use 3's in France where I have to chuck that bit further and the carp are that bit bigger plus theres a chance of a bit cat or sturgeon

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
James,

I would agree with Cakey, I've never found a need for 3lb T/C carp rods in England, but then I don't fish massive waters or need to cast heavy leads plus heavy pva bags.

My rods are 2.5lb T/C and 2.75lb T/C and I've never had any problems in England. I don't fish in France either, nor do I fish for catfish, so they suit me perfectly.

Evaluate where and how you intend to fish and buy the rods that best suit your; venues, size of taget fish, rigs and methods, casting style and experience.

Remember also that the higher the T/C then you will lose some of the fish playing 'characteristics' of the rod, but gaining casting range.

james lynch 3

Reaction score
Think al stick to the greys lads cheers i only fish 2ozlead topps im sure i could get 2oz lead 100yards on 2.5tc on greys /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif