horseshoe lake

L

Lee Buchan

has anyone fished horseshoe lake because im going there at the beginig of next month and i need as much info as i can get. cheers

Anthony Nash

Reaction score
yes lee i,m a h/shoe permit holder and have been for the last ten years. Baitwise i would take hemp,sweetcorn,pellets,castersand boilies to put in my spod mix.Break the boilies up into halves and leave some whole. hookbaits are a personel thing but i always take maize,boilies,halibut pellets,maggots. rigwise i like to use mono in six to ten inch lengths and bottom baits if ican get away with it. PVA bags can work wonders too.

L

Lee Buchan

cheers anthony i wanted to now cuase im fishing it in the carp school at the biggining of next month. is there any certain place were you would use that bait or would you use it any where. is it worth spoding it. cheers

Anthony Nash

Reaction score
Hi Lee. I will see you at the school as i am an instructor for the third year running.
As a school "pupil" you don,t have a choice as to where you fish as it depends on who they pair you off with. But don,t let that worry you as everyone who is an insructor at the school is more than capable of getting the best from their swim. If its hot hope you get a summer bay swim. This should be where i am with Ben and Barry O,connor. Look forward to meeting you.

L

Lee Buchan

cheers anthony. im looking forward to meeting you. im not fishing it alone im fishing with ben taylor(he goes on the site aswell) the carp society said that we will be with the same instructor but will he need to take his own bivvy or will we be in the same bivvy.

L

Lee Buchan

anthony ref to the pva bags am i better with funnel web or the plastic type bags. thanks

Anthony Nash

Reaction score
You should have been given the information about your tackle when you applied to the society for a place on the school. you will both need your normal carp gear. That is rods, (of course) bivvy, bedchair, s;eeping bag, etc. You must also bring a plate and cutlery. PVA bagwise, i suggest you bring both sorts as you never know what angling situation you can find yourself in.I always take both sorts with me.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Oh dear Lee! looks like you've been rumbled before you've got started mate! Don't forget to take along an apple for Anthony's desk will you!

Good luck though mate and I'll seeya in June, hopefully you can put us all to shame mate with your'e new learnt tactics mate!

Take care of him Anthony, he's great kid and has a willingness to learn like no other!!

If he gives you any lip, send me and his dad an email and we're push him in for you at the carp compo!

Cheers
Stuart