MY FIRST FISH

paul folan

Reaction score
Hello everyone

after a weekend at thorpe lea i managed to catch my first ever carp it was 20lb 1oz

but i now need new rods as i was just borrowing some

so once again i am asking for any advice on which rods and reels to get ( i dont have a huge budget )

look forward to reading your replys

thank you

paul

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Hi Paul

Well-done on your catch what a result you must be very proud. Regarding rods I would strongly recommend the Chub Outkast rods in 2.75TC if you are looking for a general take anywhere type rod.
IMG_4158.CR2.jpg

If however you like to fish with Method feeders, heavy PVA bags or distance fishing the higher TC of 3.00lb.You can get these rods with a full life time warranty for as little as £59.99here

http://www.bristolangling.com/7045/Chub-Outkast-Carp-Rod.html?referrer=froogle

PS I use these on my tuition days.Tight Lines Paul keep on bagging mate

M

MCMILLIGAN

well done on the fish my first carp session produced an 18lb 4oz for the rods i would say fox warriors as they are good for the price

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Hello Paul

I did a quick half day session at Thorpe today we had a few out including trwo new PB's including this tripple hit a nice 21 lb plus a 16 lb and I also bagged a fine 20lb carp at th same time.
IMG_4182.JPG

paul folan

Reaction score
wow looks like you had a good day.

what swim was you on ?

i cant put my photo up it says it is to big ( the photo not the fish ) how do you upload yours?

my friend is intreasted in buying sonik sk4 rods with vanquish big pit reels. any problems that you no off with them?

i got my son a 9ft outcast not sure if to get myself some yet but the 12ft ones

i think i will see if i can still borrow some till i can get more money.

thanks for the picture keep them comming

tight lines

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
The swim we had these from was 16 & 17

Installl this free software from Google its really easy to use and it make putting up photos so simple. Upload your pictures from your camera to the Pc. Mod the pics in Picasa 3 to get them how you want them. Then post onto the web using the Picasa3 Upload to webalbums tool in tool bar tab. Them when its in webalbums right click on the image and look at properties thius will give you its URL and copy this and put it into the FM insert image tool .

http://picasa.google.com/

I have not tried Sonik S4 rods but I have not heard any bad press about them so I cannot really comment.
IMG_1892.jpg

IMG_3838.JPG

IMG_2478.jpg

IMG_2376.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

just afew of the multiple hits we have had looking at them I think they were all from the same area of the lake.

But it just goes to show with the right approach you can really have a great time catching really big lovley condition carp.

Thorpe lea is by no means a push over the right approach and a lot of effort and the rewards are spectacular.

Tight Lines Paul