Meals on Fields

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
Bivvy Master chef. Not just backed beens you kow?

Now then, one large chopping knife, chopping board for raw meat, chopping board for vegetables, fridge to keep creme freshfresh. Book on wild mushrooms so as not pick poisonous toadstools.

Whats for dinnner?

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
It looks nice, but how do you keep the ingredients fresh and how big will your food bag be if your doing that for 3 meals a day for a long weekend of three nights and four full days.

Its ok if you can park next to your swim but impossible if you need to walk any distance. The logistics need looking at.

Nice article though, and it does at least remind us all that it doesnt have to be Guinness and pot noodles for me or pasta and porridge for Cakey.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

How long do you cookeach different ingredient for .. before you put the next one in the pan ???

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Brilliant, I've always wondered why anglers 'need' pot noodles and the like?

You only need a good size cold box after all.

You can always pre-cook and freeze stews, casseroles etc. and allow them to defrost over a couple of days too.

I hope this is the first of a long series.

Thanks for sharing the recipe.

C

Cakey

I couldnt see ant sugar anywhere so I think Id be safe eating this toooooooooooooooo

N

Nobby C (ACA)

Ant sugar? I've heard of them honey dew ants, is this a by product Cakey?

I

Ian Cloke

Definitely needs a bit more information putting on, as undercooked pork is one of the main foods that people get salmonella from!

Morespiders

Reaction score
Greg Whiteheads cooking takes some beating on the bank.

At Sywell last year he roasted a racklamb insome sortof cooker, he had mint sauce and roast potatoes as well.

I could have shown my cooking prowess, unfortunatley,Charlies dog Nellist,ate my sausages/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

N

Nobby C (ACA)

Here's something porky and beany:

Fry onions and garlic and peppers. then add sliced chorizo,bacon cubesand black pudding (oh dear).

Add a tin of tomatoes,chick peas or flageolet beans . 1 pan cooking, chop it all up at home.

C

Cakey

just been told the parsnips are a no no for me/forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

N

Nobby C (ACA)

Would carrots be ok or are they out of bounds? How about sparrows arse? (asparagus)

C

Cakey

Im a diabetic on a low GI diet and apparently parsnips are hi GI Matt

Morespiders

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Cakey wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Wols cooking at Sywell was good mr Spiders</blockquote>
Do you think so?.