Club/Syndicate wanted within driving distance of Stockport

Gregg Mannarn

Reaction score
I'm looking for a club/syndicate within a short driving distance of Stockport. I'm after a nice carp water(s) with no public walking about/dog walkers etc, somewhere that i can fish nights and doesn't have the risk of getting my tackle pinched *ouch* /forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif

I regularly travel to places like Macclesfield and Congleton or Warrington and Northwich to various day ticket waters so 30(ish) miles driving is the norm' but i wouldn't want to be travelling for more than an hour regularly to fish. I know some very nice day ticket waters but it can work out quite costly over a year when fishing regularly so would rather join a club/syndicate now i think. Also i've started to get sick of seeing rubbish and discarded tackle left on the bank side of day ticket waters.

If anyone can suggest anywhere then i'd be grateful. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Warrington Anglers or Bay Malton if you want to join asap (If its just carp then warrington may be the better bet). if you're prepared to wait then get on the waiting lists for Prince Albert or Stoke Anglers.

Pop into Edgeley Sports or any other local tackle shop e.g Normans of Woodley...and ask for some advice.

Poshers

Gregg Mannarn

Reaction score
Thanks for that Poshers. I take it these are the best clubs for carp waters in the area then? Do you have any idea what sort of price they're asking?

Gregg Mannarn

Reaction score
Thanks for that mate.

Anybody else know of any, maybe some smaller clubs or private lakes?

Morespiders

Reaction score
New mills Anglers have a nice carp lake nr Lyme Park

Moreton Hall, congleton

Gawsworth, forget the name of it.

Macc canal most stretches free from Marple to Bollington

Boundry Water Park, Holmes Chapel, quite hard

Altrincham Anglers, Wotsit Hall? Knutsford, beautiful water.

Gregg Mannarn

Reaction score
Thanks for that Spiders, i've been a regular on Gawsworth for years now and i'm thinking of going there over the easter weekend. I think Wall Pool Lodge is probably the name you're trying to remember.

I like the look of Boundary but not keen on Altrincham, i was a member of that when i was a kid and also the website doesn't give much info on the waters.

I've been looking at Warrington Anglers as they seem to offer quite a few waters and looks like good value for money.