Jobs Left Undone

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
See now, you wouldn't have any of this rubbish if there was no closed season. The wife would have to do it./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"Fishing will always find a way to provide excuses for not completing life's more mundane tasks."

A very different and enjoyable article.

Just think though, without the close season the 'other half' would be moaning for 12 months instead of just 3 . . . . food for considerable thought?

Not to mention of course that without the CS then you would never ever get that same enthusiasm in the run-up to The Glorious 16th!

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
I started trout fishing because of the CS.

No, it's so I didn't have to to do those jobs.

I can look forward to the season starting in June and also look forward to the season starting in March.

And who says the Queen is lucky having two birthdays?

F

Fred Bonney

Very clever writing, thankyou.

Me?

I've been removing and preparing an area ofundulating path for two days, replacing it with gravel, so tomorrow tied up.(A job that's needed doing for 5years!!!)

Skip arrives tomorrow for all the old rubble, so that's to be done too.

Pub tonight for a well earnedfive or six of real ale!!

I'll be fit, but still fat by the time I've finished.

Gary Dolman

Reaction score
So come on then, I've been fishing for over 50 years, and for most of that time observed the close season, but very rarely has the 16th lived up to expectations, and not for lack of effort. The first few weeks of the season generally tend to be rubbish, due to fish being away on their nuptuals, in fact I can count on one hand the number of glorious 16ths. Discuss.

Very erudite piece of writing by the way, anti depressant induced? Perhaps you should try some of Kev's barbel remedy.

Reaction score
A great article but a reminder to me that I must get on and decorate the front room , hasn`t been done in x amout of years and starting to look tatty , plus the fact that Chris has moved all of the photo`s , book`s ect upstairs (just a subtle hint) .

Trouble is , that we all well know, is that once you do one room , every other room look`s tatty , so you end up doing the whole house ./forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

slime monster

Reaction score
Fred ,you have given me a flash of inspiration ,after years of trying to negotiate a straight path to the house on a friday night (chucking out time ) . This will now be replaced with an undulating one .....problem solved

Thankyou.

DOH !! Another job.

F

Fred Bonney

I don't want to lead you up it, but don't do it mate.

Mypath is not on the return home, it's a garden path !!

Having said that only 4 pints tonight, we had a darts bye!!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Gary,

Like you I have around 50 years on the banks, and yes, I'd agree with you that The Glorious 16th rarely lives up to a red-letter day as far as catches are concerned.

That said, I am more than happy to be back out on the river bank and the 'enthusiasm' I mentioned hasn't waned in all those 50years. And remember that I fly fish from April onwards, but there is a special 'magic' about getting back to coarse fishing come The Glorious 16th.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
I have to say that getting the jobs done in the spring gets them out of the way and finished so that there's less to worry about in the summer and autumn. This spring looks to be very busy because there's 40,000 words minimum to do in about 15 weeks as well but roll on June 16th.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Spring is the time to make out a fresh list of all the useful things that need doing in the house and garden.

My missus couldn't manage without it!/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif