Fishingmagics James Farrow

C

Cakey

It is coming to that time of year again, this May will be the 8th anniversary of James death and therefore this year will hopefully be the 8th running of the competition. I say hopefully as each year the hardest part is finding a suitable venue at a reasonable cost. With the economic climate this year cost will be very important, we all know via the site that several members have lost their jobs or they are in danger of doing so.So can we between us, only 50,000+ members, come up with a suitable venue?Rather than just forward ideas to Cakey or Richard, if you have a place in mind, particularly if you know it and the owners/management well, could you please if possible have a chat with the management and see if the idea is OK in principle. I know this seems to be asking a lot but for Cakeyor Richardto contact loads and loads of venues is very time consuming and often it is difficult to get to speak to the person you need.We were hoping to get a rather special venue this year but it was booked up for 2009, I shall try to arrange it for next year, don't ask yet as I'm keeping quiet about it.If youwould like to talk to me about a possible venue please message me and I'll forward a phone number.We are looking ideally for a Carp water and a runs water with fish over 20lbs. A venue that can accommodate up to 30 anglers safely and that will let us have a BBQ. If that water also contained good Bream, Tench or Roach that would be superb. Toilets would be an additional bonus as the last couple of years we have had ladies participating.The above is a wish list and compromise will no doubt need to be made that is not a problem. Sywell a Tench water was fished last year thanks to Mark Hewitt generosity in letting us come aboard his fish in.TWO final points1) It is not what you know but who you know, if you have some good contacts could I ask you to approach them please.2) Speci said he is having a break so someone else might get a look in!thanks for looking Cakey

C

Cakey

anyone not know what this is about please put James Farrow in to the search box and have a look

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Wol if you know Jerry could you have a quick word with him please just to see if it is a starter. Thanks in advance.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to it already, I hope we can make the dates when they are finalised.

Nice one Speci /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Ill start looking for suitable venues too. I will be there no matter what is decided. Do the items for auction have to be brand new?

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Good luck with this again. Always a laugth.

I will no doubt miss it though as i am away for 2 weeks in may.

Reaction score
Todar Lakes look good Peter , Big Hayes Specimen Lake , about 20 swims ?

Paddock Specimen Lake : Quote " The lake holds catfish to 38lb 8oz "

" lake record catfish 84 lb " ????Has it died then ??? Or have I misread ?/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

Specihunter

Reaction score
not korum but the stuff thats its replacing

so far

chub rod holder

jrc bag

wychwood roving bag

wychwood bag/chair (its one of those all in one)

Specihunter

Reaction score
why not book blue pool I know its £100 for 24hrs but at least we can have the lake to ourselves or as last resort snetterton

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Do you have any contacts at the fishery Peter?

Trev, no they don't have to be brand new as long as in 'good nick'.

I put in and bid and got a second hand

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Bryan Baron 2 wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Good luck with this again. Always a laugth.

I will no doubt miss it though as i am away for 2 weeks in may.</blockquote>
Unless it is a weekend it is unlikely to be in May Bryan.

Specihunter

Reaction score
june is good for me unless i can change my days off (i'm after the 3peat)

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Specihunter ( the Korum Kid) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>or as last resort snetterton</blockquote>
Not a bad idea Richard , I know ( think ) that your not a member anymore but they are good people and the water is not bad , plus it was James water ????