Whats the best way to photograph a fish

Day Breamer

Reaction score
Assuming you are alone, no passersby, and all you have is a standard camera, and you happen to catch a dream fish... how is it best to photograph that fish so it will be justified in any pictures?

Any tips or advice?

Ive pondered on having the rod/reel in the same pic, but cos my reels are 6000 sized the fish may look small in the same shot perhaps... i dont know.

C

Colin North, the one and only

Sorry, I couldn't resist it....First, get a camera..../forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

I'll get my own coat on the way out/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Day Breamer

Reaction score
lol, i did say 'you have a standard camera' but yes, i left the door open for you to get that in based on my thread title /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

W

Wolfman Woody

bnkacc3506.jpg

Get one of these for a start - Gold Label Camera/bankstick adapter.

Set your camera up and mark where you are to sit/stand/squatt with two sticks that will be either side of you, but not in the final shot. Set you camera to self-timer and go - you then have ten seconds to get around, hold the fish and smile.

or get a remote controller if the camera is good enough to operate with one.

preston96

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>glint wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>£3 BANKSTICK ADAPTOR IN MOST TACKLE SHOPS</blockquote>
and they work too....but the Gold label one offers is the best yet........it offers far more options than the fixed type.