line

AVIT06

Reaction score
hi all just wondering what mainline do you use and why..cheers

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Hi

I use 12lb Pro clear for my long range fishing in open snag free waters because it has a low .29mm diameter, it sinks like a stone it als knots well and is very reliable.

For my winter fishing I use 15lbP-line floroucarbon line because it sinks well and is reliebale.

C

Cakey

I use Bass Pro fluro blue in 12lb and I use it because it does everything I want it to do

AVIT06

Reaction score
cheers guys,ian is the pro clear made by terry eustace gold label tackle ?? as im after a good line that sinks well.you only use 12lb main line??im used to using at least 15lb but i think i'll give 12lb a go,i intend to fish the linear,saint johns with at least a3oz lead casting over 100yds will the 12lb line be strong enough?? cheers m8

KAR

Reaction score
Nash Bullet in 12lb, It's the best. A shock leadersould be used at long range casting so the 12lb will be fine..

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>AVIT06 wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

cheers guys,ian is the pro clear made by terry eustace gold label tackle ?? as im after a good line that sinks well.you only use 12lb main line??im used to using at least 15lb but i think i'll give 12lb a go,i intend to fish the linear,saint johns with at least a3oz lead casting over 100yds will the 12lb line be strong enough?? cheers m8</blockquote>

Yes it is Terry Eustace. For my long range set up I use 13' 3.5 Tc Greys Platimums with Diawa Basia big pits. A long ESP 45 Sonic braid shock leader tied with a double grinner knot to 12lb Pro clear. I am currently getting about 160 yards with a baited rig and PVA attraction.
IMG_2328.jpg

Rig Looks like this
IMG_2237.jpg

AVIT06

Reaction score
thanks for the reply guys..lol cakey...thanks for the info ian..looks a nice set up..never used a shock leader,will have to have a lookat 1in tackle shop.again thx all

AVIT06

Reaction score
ian is your hook link running on the leader ? and what make is that lead ? cheers m8

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
The picture shows a ESP leadcore 45lb with two Solar leadcore beads holding a Gardner Kwik lok swivel
7561086760375968504vb.png

Use a Korda anti tangle sleev up the hook length to stop the hook lenght from coming off the Kwik link

This is the shock leader
esp043-vwd.jpg

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

Last season I switched to Shimano Technicum - very abrasion-resistant and a lot less stretch than most other mono lines.

I think there are a couple of reviews here on FM.

C

Cakey

just got a quote for my line from The Bass Pro Shops.......................

38-433-160-12 CLEAR BLUE FLUORESCENT
1200 YARDS .......12 LB

.013" DIA (.33mm) was $9.99 now $6.99 SALE

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Cakey What a great site thank you so much . My bank account is now going into the red LOL

C

Cakey

while your on there have a look at the t-shirts........................