Holiday up north

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
My wife and I want to take my sister and two children (5 then) away for a week. We have looked through the fishing rags but have come up with nothing suitable yet. Can anyone out there help?

My Nephew is 12 and i want to introduce him to Angling. We are looking for self catering accomadation somewhere rural with fishing on site. We need to go the last week of July or the first of August. A large lodge with 3 bedrooms or a cottage would be ideal, only the two of us will be fishing as the girls will nick the car andgo shopping or whatever it is they do.

We,ve done this in Cornwall and Devon, but want to go up country for a change.

Anyone got any info?

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi M.R; How far up north areyou talking about. And have you got a tent or two.

Jimmy.

Rab

Reaction score
/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

keora

Reaction score
Lakeside Lodges offers accommodation and fishing on a 9acre lake in the outer suburbs of York. Website available.

There's a few fishing holiday sites in Lincolnshire, including Lowfields which had mainly caravans when I looked at it.

Other places further south are Docklow Pools and Pisces fishery in Cambridgeshire.

Some of the sites I've seen have far too many caravans and chalets in relation to the fishing provided. They seemed overfished and lacked privacy.

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

There's a few in North York's. THISis close to Richmond. You also have the Swale close by

If your doing the historic castle/cathedral thing DCAC has just introduced a visitor membership for the river sections and we're only about 30 minutes up the A1. Kidsalso fish free with a member