do baits

Specihunter

Reaction score
I'm having a good sought out and I have some pellets and bollies from last year. Should i throw them or are they still ok .

I only ask as most baits don't carry a best before date on them.

thanks

Speci

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Baits will never have a best before date on them because too much will get wasted on the shop shelves.

Specihunter

Reaction score
The boillies are but some are in soak, the pellets are not some in bags some in buckets

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
If the boilies are shelf life then they will be ok, if they are in soak then all the better lol. The pelletts in bags should be ok and if the buckets have not been opened several times and got wet or damp then they should be ok too.

Because bait doesnt have a best before date on the bags what I do is write on the bag the day I first purchased them and the date I opened them. Its a start at least and I know what bait to use up first. Ive had some vitalin in a sealed plastic bucket since Sep 2007 and im still using it now, Ive also got some in its original bag inside a different bucket that I got in Jun 2008. I wont open that until the other one is used first. I do the same with pellets and boilies.

Specihunter

Reaction score
I suppose the best person to ask is manky how is he trev and say hi for me.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
hes OK he got himself a ladyfriend and his fishing has suffered. His bait is still in the same tubs from last years James Farrow Tench fish in lol

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I was catching Barbel on 6 year old pellet this year. I had a lay of rom July till March still caught on the pellet that was attached to the rig.

I don't even worry about a bit of mould the fish don't. Use mouldy cheese.

One tip i was shown for micro/ground pellets in the feeder was to soak them in a light cooking oil. they never go of. Had some in a bucket for 2 seasons now.

Specihunter

Reaction score
With my flat being north to south the rooms don't get to hot so the bait dosn't go off . The smell has a burnt ring to it .

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
I believe that most baits have a best before on them, they are usually bloody best before i use them cause i usually catch sod all on them lol (sorry i couldn't help myself)

Tight Lines /forum/smilies/devil_smiley.gif