Monomaster

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I saw the adverts for the Monomaster and thought to myself; yes, another piece of kit designed to part anglers from their hard earned cash.

Nonetheless I did get one and I have to say this is the best idea I've seen for ages.

All those little pieces of mono/braid that you get when making up a rig on the bank, or trying an old leader on the fly rod can now be easily and safely disposed of.

Take a look on:

http://www.monomaster.co.uk/howitworks.html

In fact, I have ordered a few more as 'giveaways' to any juniors I see on the bankside in the new season.

Usual disclaimer:

I have no association with this company other than being an impressed user of their product.

Reaction score
Brilliant idea - I'll pop across to Stockport Fly Fishing (local stockist) and get one. The only danger is that whilst I am at Stockport Fly I may look at a starter fly fishing outfit (for Press Manor) ...and if .....well it will be your fault Jacobs!!!! Not Greg's fault, all yours !!!

Poshers

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Paul,

Make sure that you get to have a good 'waggle' of the rods before you buy. If you've not fished with a fly rod before then try not to get one that is too 'sloppy' as it won't help with your casting.

But, do get one of those monomaster thingiesashey really do what it says on the packet.

Reaction score
Thanks Peter,

There's a cheap opportunity for a reference to stiffer rods but I, for one, would never stoop to such depths.

Thanks for the tip - I'll try to exercise self control on the buying front.

Paul

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
What a great little gadget/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

im going to get busy in a blue peter stylee and see what I can come up with.

Keith M

Reaction score
It looks a very useful bit of kit.

If it could alsocut the line into approx 1" strips while unloading it I would definately buy one even if it cost two or three quid more; instead of having to find some scissors on the bank. Perhaps they couldsell a dearer mk2 model that done this?

Maybe one of those stitch picking blades that women use to unpick seams etc. fitted to the inside of the outer case so it would cut through the line asyou pulled the cover off? (Just an Idea)

(Im just a lazy bleeder/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif)

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Paul

Re starter outfit. If you dont find anything i will have a spare set up or two with me. Just let me know.

I just use a old film can with a cross cut in the top. Though as your junior you could always send me one.

Reaction score
Matt.....being forced to live in the bin as Mrs. Corkers yells "You're not coming in smelling like that!" does not constitute "I use my rubbish bag and throw the lot in the bin when I get home."

Thinking this through....why don't we just bring our bins with us...telling the fair maidens that we love them so much that we'll live in those bins until we smell sweeter and just carry on for a few more hours/days at the venue........although if its the Ribble like last September we'll start off barbel fishing in Ribchester and end up after cod in the Irish Sea ....I need to think this through a bit more!!

Bryan...thanks..I'll let you know

Poshers

DZ

Reaction score
Spiders are excellent at line management- they ingest all their line and re-use it another time!

DZ

Reaction score
Why am I so intrigued as to why Morespideres is called Morespiders?

Pray tell Morespiders

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Because he's daft ....

He caught it from the Home for the Bewildered where Graham,Uncle Dave and I live

DZ

Reaction score
aaah the mysterious webof the up down spider is is further complicated by the up and down frog.

Reaction score
DZ - there are areas of darkness best left uncovered

I notice that security on the Home's computer is lax again. Ed can normally only contribute whilst under supervision.

I'm fishing with Spiders tomorrow; I'll ask him when his next charitable visit to the Home for the Bewildered is going to be. Those 3 folk so look forward to their little trips out. Mind you I always give Spiders a lift for a week or so after...takes a while for that odour to disappear.

We may have a little cake stand at Press Manor just to raise a few bob for another little trip for the Home. I'm having a go at some tarts that Lee Swords told us about; m'lud is bringing something old and traditional from Yorkshire but we are seeking a volunteer for the Fairy Cakes - those 3 old gents just love licking the cream from between the wings...reminds them of their youth./forum/smilies/angel_smiley.gif