Some Advice

William Pastuszka

Reaction score
When i was posting on BFW this afternoon it came to my attention that some clowns from another site ( some so called moderators) have fiddled with my yuku account which at the moment is being dealt with by yuku.

Well i know who it is & what site it is from ( butnot going to publicly name)so my advice to anybody posting on BFW is to be very carefull with their yuku account which is very easy to fiddle with ie. your account can be altered so that theposting button is removed amongst other things which have happened.

I know i am not the only one this has happend to & i am sure there will be others, so guys just be careful or do not post on there.

E

EC

Good post William.

I heard of something similar2 weeks or so back. Basically afriend of mine contributes to another (non angling) forum and they had trouble with people effectively hacking into members accounts on similar forums. Basically people use the same passwords for several different forums, and some people are clued up on this, so if your password is the same here as elsewhere, change it.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Name and shame........Give them a chance to defend themselves.

The bad one

Reaction score
I think I may have been a victim of this. A few weeks ago I tried to post on there and couldn't. Igot an error message from Yuka. BTW I rarely post on there anyway, probably only ever posted 5 times in 4 years so no great problem really.

Windy

Reaction score
Titus wrote (see)<blockquote class=quote>Name and shame........Give them a chance to defend themselves.</blockquote>

Trouble with that sort of thing is it is exactly one of the ways to start an inter-forum war about nothing which we just don't need.

Whichever site it is it sounds about as toxic as sub-prime debt. And just as much point getting dragged into either it or the continuing toxic run off from the slurry pit of BFW's ghastly internicine rows either.

Why does Pastuszka drag BFW into his post at all ? It is supposed to be the moderators (?) of 'another site' altogether playing about with his Yuku passwords if I read his first post correctly. Therefore nothing whatsoever to do with BFW. So why mention it ? Mystifies me unless there is some unspoken agenda and adverse innuendo obvious to Barbelistas that goes right over my simple head.

Plus Pastuszka's decision to start this thread in the Barbel fishing forum on here, when it is posed as a general password warning to fellow Yuku account holders. If so then surely more appropriately posted in General Fishing ? If genuinely intended to be a general warning. Not Barbel related at all on its face.

So leave well alone is all I can say, plus that good old mantra from Usenet days first leaned crouched over Mother's knee, listening fearfully to the the beeping and whistling 14.4 modem as pointless insult followed pointless personal attack, one after the other for pages and pages of the stuff: Do <u>NOT</u> feed the trolls.

Why not let's say that the first rule of BFW - Barbel Fight World - is that what happens in Barbel Fight world Stays in Barbel Fight World eh ?

E

EC

An error message, are you sure it wasn't just a simple tekkie problemPhil.?

Evan. Re: Barbel Squabbles.I think The Boss is making a few things clear to that effect later today.

William Pastuszka

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Titus wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Name and shame........Give them a chance to defend themselves.</blockquote>
Not really worth a libel case is it?

William Pastuszka

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Windy wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Titus wrote (see) <blockquote class=quote>Name and shame........Give them a chance to defend themselves.</blockquote>

Trouble with that sort of thing is it is exactly one of the ways to start an inter-forum war about nothing which we just don't need.

Whichever site it is it sounds about as toxic as sub-prime debt. And just as much point getting dragged into either it or the continuing toxic run off from the slurry pit of BFW's ghastly internicine rows either.

Why does Pastuszka drag BFW into his post at all ? It is supposed to be the moderators (?) of 'another site' altogether playing about with his Yuku passwords if I read his first post correctly. Therefore nothing whatsoever to do with BFW. So why mention it ? Mystifies me unless there is some unspoken agenda and adverse innuendo obvious to Barbelistas that goes right over my simple head.

Plus Pastuszka's decision to start this thread in the Barbel fishing forum on here, when it is posed as a general password warning to fellow Yuku account holders. If so then surely more appropriately posted in General Fishing ? If genuinely intended to be a general warning. Not Barbel related at all on its face.

So leave well alone is all I can say, plus that good old mantra from Usenet days first leaned crouched over Mother's knee, listening fearfully to the the beeping and whistling 14.4 modem as pointless insult followed pointless personal attack, one after the other for pages and pages of the stuff: Do <u>NOT</u> feed the trolls.

Why not let's say that the first rule of BFW - Barbel Fight World - is that what happens in Barbel Fight world Stays in Barbel Fight World eh ? </blockquote>

No windy you got it all wrong even though it is part of the problems with most otherinternet forums all i was advising was about some of the problems i amongst others have encountered on another (barbelrelated website)& more to the point it isnt password related so lets not (jump to conclusions) just because ED gave some sound advice about using internet forums.

So you canget down off your high horse.

Windy

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader><blockquote class=quoteheader>William Pastuszka wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

So you canget down off your high horse.</blockquote></blockquote>

Edit to follow my own advice.

DNFTT. Repeat, DNFTT /forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif<blockquote class=quoteheader>EC wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Evan. Re: Barbel Squabbles.I think The Boss is making a few things clear to that effect later today.</blockquote>

Crystal.

I shall now shut up and let my wiser and betters get on with what they already had well in hand. Sorry to appear to be sticking oar in gratuitously /forum/smilies/dont_tell_anyone_smiley.gif

William Pastuszka

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Windy wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote><blockquote class=quoteheader><blockquote class=quoteheader>William Pastuszka wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

So you canget down off your high horse.</blockquote></blockquote>

Edit to follow my own advice.

DNFTT. Repeat, DNFTT /forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif<blockquote class=quoteheader>EC wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Evan. Re: Barbel Squabbles.I think The Boss is making a few things clear to that effect later today.</blockquote>

Crystal.

I shall now shut up and let my wiser and betters get on with what they already had well in hand. Sorry to appear to be sticking oar in gratuitously /forum/smilies/dont_tell_anyone_smiley.gif</blockquote>

? Edit follow my own advice(DNFTT)? Windy if you knew whatthe threadwere about in the first place you would not be following the pack with attack now would you?

William Pastuszka

Reaction score
<blockquote class="quoteheader">Peter Jacobs wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class="quote">

"Ed is referring tothis threadthat went up last night."</blockquote>
Peter, it is just a shame that some people choose to follow the pack with attack when the meaning of this thread is all about some advice about what has happend to myself & others but clearly Windy has a problem with this?

William Pastuszka

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>EC wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>William there is no pack.</blockquote>
EC, sorry what i meant to say was people with personal agendas

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
William I dont think he is at all. He is thinking like a lawyer and looking at the bigger picture from both sides thats all.

He is not following the pack and would choose to stay well away from them and their style of posts.

Thank you for your advice on this problem and like you say it seems to have been sorted now, so why drag it out, theres no point.

William Pastuszka

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>trev (100M bronze) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

William I dont think he is at all. He is thinking like a lawyer and looking at the bigger picture from both sides thats all.

He is not following the pack and would choose to stay well away from them and their style of posts.

Thank you for your advice on this problem and like you say it seems to have been sorted now, so why drag it out, theres no point.</blockquote>

Trev not dragging it out,I know there is no point.

Enough said on the matter now & thanks for those of you who have also given advice on the subject.