partical

dave collier

Reaction score
ok everyone am looking for a different method of partical prep other than the standard soak salt boil and ferment method. any suggestions?

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Dave why are you looking for another particle preperation method ?. The old saying "dont fix what aint broke comes to mind" .

W

Wolfman Woody

Could add some star anise.

Crush it first, if you do.

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
I do the soak and boil method with a small addition.
IMG_0262.jpg

Master Chief at work.

With My particle boiled for a good twenty minuitesI place themwith their cooking liquid into a sealed bucket and put the lid on to pressure cook over night. In the morning I drainout the liquid into a second container and add 1lb of sugar and a tin of condensed milk to the cooked seeds. I then mix throughand add back a small amount of the cooking juice. The particles are now ready to use sticky sweet and cloudy.The carp on my local lake love it.

Simple really

Bob On matey

dave collier

Reaction score
ok mate had set to last night and put a bach together. thought that was the end of it then i got ur thred through and am on with ur method now. thanks a lot bud will let u in on how i get on at weekend

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Dave

To get the best from your new mix it is alway best tpo try and fish a particle bait ove the spodded bed of sweet milky seed baits. I use Enterprise sweet corn /sweetcorn combi rigs.

Let us know how ytou get on tight lines mate

coelacanth

Reaction score
Could try roasting gently first, should make the sugars more available for fermentation. Helps beer taste better, anyway...

Steve Plant

Reaction score
Ian, what volume of particle are you boiling up in one go with you using 1lb sugar?

I tend to do my hemp/particle mix in small batches for my tench & bream fishing. I do add salt to my particles but must admit to just guessing at the dosage levels. Does anyone have any suggestions for how much salt/sugar to add?

Cheers

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Steve the buckets are about 11litres or so 280mm dia X 230mm height I tend to prepare anout 5-8 buckets at a time and load up my small chest freezer.I add one tin of condensed milk and one pond of sugar to a bucket and then mix through.You get the most sticky milky gooey mix

dave collier

Reaction score
ok ian just got back this morning not to good a seshion. 1 snot fish ie bream and a 12lb ghost but it was the same all over the water no one was caching. as for the partical mixe that was bob on mate will carry on with that. so agen thanks for the tip mate look forword to chattingagen all the best dave c

F

Frothey

lupins and maples are nice in mixes - i boil them to death and leave them in the juicesto go really soft, them mush them up - turns it all nice a gooey.

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Hi Dave & Steve glad to hear you are both doing well on the mixes I have just got back from a 48Hour and a 24 hour coaching session where we spodded a couple of buckets of the mix out into the lake. Without fishing at night and with all the time for coaching taken out the guys managed to bank 42 carp 14 PBs were caught with the biggest being just one ounce short of 22lb, this with hardly anyone else on the entire venue catching fish.
IMG_4487.JPG

This double hit was part of Johns twenty two fish haul.
IMG_4482.JPG

Johns best fish a twenty two pounder
IMG_4504.JPG

Waynes firstfish was a double hit
IMG_4513.JPG

So was his second pair of fish
IMG_4552.JPG

The last two fish of the session were both twenty one pounds with over twenty fish caugth Wayne was knackered, but happy.

All of the fish were caught over a bed of the pidgeon conditioner with added milk and sugar it certainly works for me.

Tight Lines

Foxy

Reaction score
killer method i have used before is to take half a bucket of party blend or small mixed seed, add 500ml soya oil, splashstrawberry flavour, splash bergomot oil orw.h.yand leave it in a sealed bucket for a week, stirring it every now and again. Tip in boiling water to cover, and leave for 24 hrs. The soya oil permiates the seed husk and acts as a flavour carrierreleasingattraction for hours and hours after