Making Paste

Arron

Reaction score
Hey..

Does any one have a tutorial or advice on how to make my own paste for course fishing.

I want this paste for all course fish and maybee a seprate one for tench and carp...

Cheers.

marie marling

Reaction score
get some feed pellets put them in a bait tub. Cover them with water wait 2 minutes then drain the water off through a riddle or the fine mesh of your net. Put them back in your tub and wait 5 minutes and then you should be able to mould them into a paste. If your paste is to dry add a small amount of water to it and mix it in.

Arron

Reaction score
Thanks for that... What other ways can i make a good paste???

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Your best doing a search there are a million diffrent mixes out there depending what kind of fishing you are doing.

Max

Reaction score
I use shortcrust pastry, you can buy this from supermarkets either ready made as a dough or dried and add water, then add in a strong cheese paste and garlic or what ever else takes your fancy. I make big batches before tthe start of the season and freeze them in small bags ready for each session. You can add liquid flavours if you want.

Arron

Reaction score
Ok thanks.. i just need a simple way to make some to get used to it to fish with /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif im new to fishing with a pole and would like some nice paste /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I'm not sure if the link worked for you ----- If it didn't try it again--- I've just fixed it

And you're welcome --- Loads of info on here about practically anything

chub angler

Reaction score
are you after a particular flavoured paste or pastes in general?.

Arron

Reaction score
Just pastes in genral mate and ED it works now /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Sorry can not help with regards to paste for the pole all my fishing is done on the river were the paste as to be a lot stiffer to stay on the hook.

A alternative is to make a soft gelitine bait. trial and error on how many packets of gelatine you need for your prefared method. I use 4 packets to a pint plus 4 oz of ground pellet on the river. This is really firm though stiffer than lucheon meat. 3 will work also more in winter. Just remember to keep it cool otherwise you end up with a big blob as it melts.

chub angler

Reaction score
I make a lot of my pastes the same as Marie but you can make paste from ground boilies (pineapple, monster crap and spicy chicken ) add hot water use the water from the lake or pond you are fishing on and dont put to much water in at one time because you can add but you cant take it back out if your paste is too sloppy add some more dry powder to it and mix.you need to get a soft play dough consistantcy.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
I make my Paste just like i'd makea Boillie mix.

I grind some pellets until they are very fine, so they look just like a Pellet Groundbait.

I thencrack 1 large egg into a mixing bowl and then i beat it with a fork until it's mixed together. I then add small amounts of the ground Pellets to the egg and mix it in with the fork until i can't mix it with a fork anymore as it is getting to stiff to mix, i then continue to add the ground Pellets and start to mix with my hands, the right consistancy for this is when the paste is no longer sticky and messy, it will start to dry out the more you add ground Pellets to the mix, you want it so the Paste leaves a fine dry residue on the skin of your hands that when rubbed together just falls off your hands. The paste will be quite dry, and mould together easily in your hands.

Tight Lines /forum/smilies/devil_smiley.gif