MORE Paste Fishing

Arron

Reaction score
Can someone give me some advice as my first time using paste? I have just got my pole sorted its 13m maver deploy. Top kit with an 8 Elastic on atm and getting power top done with a 14 elastic but atm will be using a no.8..

Can someone give me any advice on how to fish paste what rigs to use etc etc.. Whatever else i need to know.

Cheers.

chub angler

Reaction score
Arron when you make your paste you need to make sure its soft enough to pull the hook through on the strike. But not so soft that it falls of when you shipout your pole.Put the paste straight on the hook and mould it into a tear drop shape. or use a hair rigged paste coil or a hair rigged small shot and you can use a cork ball hair rigged for a neutrally buoyant presentation.

Arron

Reaction score
Right Thanks mate.. any tips on making paste?? or what type to use for an allround paste??

chub angler

Reaction score
apart from bread and cheese paste I make my paste from micro feed pellets because you can make a lot of different flavoured pastes. I fish mostly for chub carp and barbel so I would say that a halibut pellet paste works well.Check your other thread.

Arron

Reaction score
I have halibut paste in my box but i want to make some of my own xD and ok mate.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Hi arron,

You can buy some very good Ready Rigs for paste fishing on the polefrom most tackle shops. Once you have bought one or two you can see how they have put there rigs together, what type of float, what type of hook and what size of hook, you can see the shotting patterns they have used etc etc then you can just go out and nuy your own floats and hooks and stuff and replicate them to suit yourself.

Tight Lines /forum/smilies/devil_smiley.gif

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I assume you are talking about bread paste as well?

If so,buy a loaf of bread(a large tin loaf is good)cut it up into chunks removing the crust as you go.Allow the bread to dry out for several days until its lost its stickiness.Then either break it up with your fingers or grind it in a food mixer til it becomes fine breadcrumbs.

The next bit is more tricky and that involves adding the water(Oops!add your flavour before the water if its powder or mix with the water if its a liquid)which should be done slowly-very slowly!.Keep squeezing with your hands until it forms a ball and any lumps have disolved.The paste must not be too hard-only stiff enough to just stay on the hook!!I always keep some dry crumb on one side in case I add too much water.......

A smooth paste is critical and needs to be <u>needed well by hand to get a good product</u>!

The above makes good cheese paste(grate cheese well)or with other addatives such as custard powder or other flavourings-the list is endless

Main factor??...............don't make the paste too hard but more so when fishing very cold water although I have made denser paste to use as a bait fished in a hair.

Hope this helps you-and remember it takes lots of practice to get it dead right!!

(Others will have a different method but this has always worked for me)