Anti-theft

P

Pat Farr

Does anyone have any effective ways of stopping their rods, reels and pod getting nicked during night sessions by local ruffians? Not speaking fom experience here, but it has crossed my mind from time to time. cheers

R

Roto Fryer

you can get a movement sensor alarm from b&Q
for under 15 quid they let out a 115 decibel noise.

K

Kevan Busby

A German Shepherd and a baseball bat! But seriously though, always try to fish with a mate.

P

Pat Farr

Does anyone have a second hand MkII German Shepherd for sale? Cash waiting, must be in mint condition. I'd like to rely on my mate, but he sleeps like there's an ether in the bivvy... may try the motion sensor though, until the rodents get at it.

P

Pat Farr

Not that i know of, but they'd have no trouble setting the thing off... mind you, with all the GM testing round my area I wouldn't be surprised if the rats could climb.

T

Tim Richardson

If a rat can climb up the inside of a vertical pipe 4 to 10cm in diameter and up the outside of a pipe up to 7.5cm in diameter, a bank stick wont be much of a problem.

Anthony Nash

Reaction score
There is a movement sensor you can buy from one of the DIY stores thathas not only a movement sensor on it but a tripwire aswell. this can be set at different height levels depending on your bankstick, but also at a different angle to the sensor

K

Kevan Busby

Movement sensors, tripwires, I bet the deluxe model comes with a flamethrower as well :)

P

Pat Farr

i can envisage it now, pop outside in the middle of the night for a jimmy and forget about the trip wire. Knowing my luck I'd stumble into my setup and destroy everything I'm trying to protect. anyway, isn't 115db a bit loud for an alarm! I think at 70db you're officially allowed to call the police... does anyone have a motion sensor which is a bit softer, if so, where did you get it? cheers