rods on a buget

richard whittaker

Reaction score
hi i am on a tight buget for rods arourd (30-35 pounds each) i was looking at the dawia d carp rods (2.75t/c) or the middy 30 plus iq big fish rods (2.75 t/c) i need a slim blank to fit into my fox mx alarms as the blank i my rods is a bit to thick any one have any advice would be ace thanks.

tight lines rich

Max

Reaction score
Have a look at www.climaxtackle.com , and if i was you i would try and save a bit more up and get a bit better rods it will be worth it. I saved like hell and got what i wanted, because the tackle shops are suppose to b having a hard time you may pick up a decent deal.
I had some low end daiwa rods for a time but they had no backbone for casting and i mean even 20 yards when loaded up with 5oz was a problem.

Carpless

Reaction score
Stretch slightly for some Fox Warrior ES or some Shimano Hyperloops and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Good rods for the angler on a budget.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Keep a eye on the secondhand market. You will get a better rod for the price.

Not a lot to go wrong with a rod so quite safe buying secondhand.

Max

Reaction score
Bryan, i was told that a rod can loose its stiffness / backbone with extended use over a few seasons? Or is this just tackle shop talk to get me to replace my rods every few years?

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I have been using the same barbel rods for at least 5 years with no problem.

Some of the cheaper rods may do. As the composition will be of cheaper materials.

dolph

Reaction score
ive had fox warrior xt for the past 5 or so years 50quid each and i beat the granny out of them every week and there still as stiff as the day i bought them so to question 1 try the foxwarrior es and to question 2 there just tryin to get money out of you /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

Max

Reaction score
Yeah thought they was, the bloody scoundrels, i did raise an eyebrow at the time ':-] the fox rods certainly seem value for money. I have had a look on e-bay for this link and there are loads of rods for sale, so must be a bargin to be had somewhere Richard.

sergioge

Reaction score
Hi mate if you could save your money and stretch to £50-£55 get yourself some fox warriors or the new prologic classic carp ive been doing some tests on the new prologic rods and they have to be some of the best cheaper rods ive ever used they retail at £49.99 nice simple graphics and a very slim blank.tight lines.