Soap

carpman

Reaction score
Hi all got a bit of a problem after a realy good days fishing i get home and pack my stuff away and then its time tohead for the shower.After my shower it deos'nt matter how many times i wash my hands i can still smell the fish and the lake water smellon them.Wat hand soap does anyone use to take the smell away or wat can i do to stop is.

Reaction score
I carry a bottle of antispetic gel with me - (not handwash) - so when I decide to have a butty - or a fine meal is placed before me(when I fish with Lord Paul!) - I can give the hands a clean and i don't get flavoured food!! Always use it at end of a days fishing. probably semsible precaution in terms of Weil's disease etc.

Get the gel from local Homeserve but sure you'll find similar in Superdrug etc. make sure its the gel not handwash (which is antiseptic soap)

(Corkers waxed lyrical over the Apricot soap in the loo of the commercial we fished last year - he gets very tetchy if he can't find similar at his fishing venues these days!!!)

chub angler

Reaction score
rub a slice of bread between your hands and then wash them with washing up liquid

Ben Haigh

Reaction score
radox shower cream does it for me, any of them, they have quite a strong fragrance to all of them, which fades quite quickly, but takes the other smells away with it. fished this morning, showered, and i havent smelt the lake again since. oh, and this morning i bagged 9 tench to 1lb8, and a couple of dozen small skimmers, so hands was pretty minging, slime wise.

Max

Reaction score
Swarfega or swarfega wipes , hand wash that has bits in it, i work on trucks that deal with all sorts of weird stuff, like composing animal feed and refuse, contaminated soil etc. Also a good scrubbing brush nail brush always works as a lot of smell can be embedded under finger nails. I stink after a good days work and also found that soaking in a bath is far better than a shower.

W

Wolfman Woody

Wash them in tomato juice.

They use it to get rid of skunk smells on dogs.

Rab

Reaction score
The lemon antibacterial gel from Morrisons is very good...99p a small bottle, fits easily in your pocket, and you only need a teaspoonful, so it lasts quite long, it takes away smells immediatly and as posh paul said, it is good protection against bacterial bugs.

Rab.

dolph

Reaction score
any alcohol based hand wash on the bank the type u get in hospitals and portaloos (u dont need water)then fairy liquid b4 u have a shower when u get home.u can get both in any big tesco or sainsburys superstores m8 hope that helps

Morespiders

Reaction score
I dont see the point in going fishing if your only going to wash your hands when you get back home, the smell goes gradually over a few days

Windy

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Morespiders (ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I dont see the point in going fishing if your only going to wash your hands when you get back home, the smell goes gradually over a few days</blockquote>

Mmmm

I infer that you're not a married man then Spidey ?

C

Colin North, the one and only

Smelling like an old fish goes with the territory if you are a fisherman. If I smell of fish, that means I've actually caught something,a very rare event these days.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
The "sweet smell of success" - must have been coined by an angler!

One whose wife didn't get into his car the day after a bream session, when he forgot to take the nets out of it.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
When taking pleasure from the angle one should wear surgeons gloves to avoid thedistastefulodour it leaves on ones hands, alternatively one could take alonga servant who can place the gentles on the hook and remove any captures one might be fortunate enough to secure. It is essential ones decorum be retained when partaking of the angle.

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Graham Whatmore wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>When taking pleasure from the angle one should wear surgeons gloves to avoid thedistastefulodour it leaves on ones hands, alternatively one could take alonga servant who can place the gentles on the hook and remove any captures one might be fortunate enough to secure. It is essential ones decorum be retained when partaking of the angle.</blockquote>So you've fished with Lord Paul as well, Graham. It is always appreciated when he allows the below-stairs maids to handle your gear.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
If you still have smelly hands at least the wife knows you have been fishing and nowhere else. If you get my drift.