the ****i dark

dave collier

Reaction score
ok everyone just had what i thougt was going to be a good seshion. me and my mate on our lockal pond we got off to a good start but come the night there wasus traying to keep everything to an absolute minimum ie light & noise as u do. so can someone tell me why the f... do some people feel the need to have the biggest brightest f......g light blering out most of the night. ? pleas feel free to enlighten me

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"why the f... do some people feel the need to have the biggest brightest f......g light blering out most of the night. ?"

Probably due to the fact that they are Dim F*ck*rs?

F

Frothey

funny thing is, if you find fish in the edge at night and shine a light at them, they rarely spook.....

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
I think this links well to the bigger question why do other angler have no consideration for anyone else around them.

It could be that 10 million candle power light they keep shining across the lake or the laser pen that keep getting you in the eyes.

It might be the 120 Db alarms they just have to keep testing every few minuites or the bait boat they have to drive into your swim .

It may be the loud stereo they have blairing all night long or the huge amount of litter they leave behind as they leave the lake.

It maybe a whole raft of other thing people do without thinking .

What it is is a reflection of the great unwashed of Great Britian who just dont give a dam. Sorry mate but fishing can be an extention of the pub with the thugish pub culture that goes with it

dave collier

Reaction score
thanks lads for ur thoughts on this subject i wish i could get u all doun to my lokal pond i might then get the sort of seshion i have bean dreaming of.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
And like Peter says it could cos they're not very bright...

Foxy

Reaction score
couldnt agree with Ian more, but i consider myself a considerate angler to the rest of the people on the bank and sometimes if you approach these people and talk to them they are ok and will turn their alarms down or stop casting over your lines, i think a lot of what we misconstrue as "bad behaviour" is people new to fishing not really understanding the bankside etiquette so to speak. Whilst i agree some lakes can seem like an extension from the pub with all the drunken idiots, there are some people new to the sport who i think genuinely dont understand how annoying a buzzer turned up on full and beeping endlessly on a windy night can be to the rest of the lake, few quick words and its usually sorted