Positive retail experience's

LongMan

Reaction score
Come on, we are always moaning about this and that, lets hear your positive stories of tackle or bait buying.

Recently had great service from BlacksilverBaits and FeedersDirect, both orders were delivered really quick and the products were exactly as I required.

Will certainly use them both again.

So come on lets hear some positive for a change.

Scott.

chub angler

Reaction score
I ordered some floats the other day and will let you lot know if they turn up on time ETC.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Personally I far prefer to use my local tackle shops rather than order from the Internet.

Both of my local shops, (Avon Angling and Reid's tackle) offer excellent service with good prices and a discount for regular customers.

Nothing is too much trouble for them and they order swiftly anything they might not have in the shop at the time.

LongMan

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Peter Jacobs wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Personally I far prefer to use my local tackle shops rather than order from the Internet.

Both of my local shops, (Avon Angling and Reid's tackle) offer excellent service with good prices and a discount for regular customers.

Nothing is too much trouble for them and they order swiftly anything they might not have in the shop at the time.</blockquote>

Peter you are a lucky man, my nearest tackle shop 5 mins, they are ignorant and arrogant.

Next 2 nearest are 10 mins and 20 mins and are more of holiday maker tackle shops with very little of interest to an enthusiast.

Next nearest is an hour away but really good, so its often cheaper to order online than pay diesel for a 2 hour round trip then get home and realise you forgot something.

I know the internet is often difficult, but recently I have found many online shops to offer that personal touch albeit over the phone or email.

Sure I still use the ignorant shop for sundries but avoid going in if I can. Just thought I would try and share the knowledge on the good experiences I had with recent online purchases.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Longman,

My 'local' shops are 16 miles and 28 miles away, and yet I still use them. If we don't then we will lose them, like most of the village stores.

I have had a few Internet purchases that have been okay, but the last one (Waders and Wading boots) was far from acceptable.

On the plus side though, you have the Broads on your doorstep to fish - lucky man.

LongMan

Reaction score
LOL, OK we have differing views on local/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

D

Dave Slater

My local tackle shop, Ringwood Tackle, is great. I have used it for many years and have no complaints. When my mate from Birmingham visits me he sometimes buys stuff from there, as shops tend to stock different things in different areas, and I sometimes buy from his local tackle shop, Fosters of Birmingham, when I visit him. Another really good shop.

chub angler

Reaction score
The two shops by me are both<u>very good</u>. But does anyone else think that if a shops staffare not helpful and act as if they are doing you a favour serving you they deserve to go broke and close?.

LongMan

Reaction score
Good stuff guys, I am really feeling the love now./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

We really do so much moaning its nice when something positive is reported were buying is concerned.

Dave, Fosters of Brum is huge isn't it?

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
My local is a very small outfit, great for bait but not so good even for odds and sods. All other shops are 5, 6 or 7 miles away and again they are hit and miss. 2 are pretty good on service but the last I avoid.

Order loads over the net but mainly for my fly fishing, was lucky to test rods at shows beforeI bought. Some good sites and service, others not good.

Posh, Stockport Fly Shop is good, just a little to far to travel unless I am buying big, have also used their internet site which is also good.

Paul Morley

Reaction score
Are you sure Paul, they'd still be smoking and hanging around in their little matchman gaggles if they had the chance... Stapeley Angling Centre, Nantwich - Yay!!

Reaction score
Paul

Never had a problem on that score..been using them for years and years..since Geoff Bradbury had the shop before he retired and sold the business to Barry and current team. Perhaps I manage to avoid the match crowd. Or just ignore them..Stapely's just a little too far! I've also found Dave's of Middlewich very good.

Poshers

Specihunter

Reaction score
I have 2 jks in bicester where i live and mannings of widley not to far from my dads .

N

Nobby C (ACA)

I'll use the local (luckily) tackle shop when possible but he doesn't deal with all the companies in which case I'll use the intraweb to buy from England Angling, I have had very positive dealings with them. There will be others I'm sure.

LongMan

Reaction score
Feeling the love now, almost group hug time/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

Big Sky

Reaction score
Just used Fishtec great service got my stuff in two days well impressed.

But iv'e still got to big up my local shop to, Kingfisher tackle,lakeside, Redditchfriendly and gives a good discount to./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif