Fish Welfare

jcs

Reaction score
When fishing i see for time to time some marks and sores on some of the fish i catch and not that often a bit of fin rot,what would be the best thing to carry round in my kit to treat these fish with.
After all it is are hobby and the fish welfare should come first and many of these fish are a few years old now and give us all great sport.

Jeff Spiller

Reaction score
Bonjella's got to sting a bit, never seen a fish pull a funny face though /forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif.

BapAndFuro

Reaction score
I have seen quite a few fish with flat jaws or weirdly shaped jaws. Is this due to anglers not treating the fish properly or is it natural?

W

Wolfman Woody

Unless any sores look very fresh, still bloody from scale removal say, then don't bother with them. The fish has already started to heal itself and nothing you do can help it.

The products you mention (DO NOT use Bonjela) are great for treating sores that were created during the fight. Klin-ik gets straight into the wound and sterilises it. Klin-ik Shield coats it like a plaster so only good on external wounds like cuts and scale removal.