Carp

slime monster

Reaction score
Our club has a cracking feature ridden water that has no Carp resident except for Crucians,occasionally a new member or two will arrive and transport the whole hog weekend stay over parrifinalia ..bivvy pods etc only to be told by arriving anglersif they want Carp they are wasting their time. This news is met with initial disbelief and finallyembarrasment that they didn't read the club book, it seems the younger anglers assume Carp to be in all waters ..thank heavens they are not.

Red Army

Reaction score
/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.giflucky you I wish there was a water like that near me /forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gif

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
OK but just because there are Carp in a water doesnt mean you have to fish for them does it. I get the same sort of looks from carp anglers when I turn up at a local venue near me that is chocker with Carp and I sit there with a swing tip rod out and fish with small hooks and baits etc for the Roach and Bream. Yes occasionally I get trashed by a larger Carp but not that often. Its amazing how big a fish you can land on a 3lb hooklength and size 18 hook, and before all you carpies have a pop at me for fishing with such light tackle remember I'm not specifically fishing for the Carp in the first place, if I was I would upgrade my line and hooks.

Gary Dolman

Reaction score
Tony has a silver fish lake at Bake Dave, and last year I was often the only one on there, and I had lots of good catches of Tench, Rudd, Roach& Bream, with 20+ tench in a short session not unusual.

Muffin

Reaction score
Love it slime! I'd start some rumours of very large carp coming from a water very near you, and see how many of the circus turn up!

I find most lakes I fish have no carp in them, but thats cause I dont fish for them /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif