Skegness Area

Roach Fanatic

Reaction score
I am in Skegness a week tomorrow for a few days and was wodering if there are any quality venues around that area, I would rather be fishing for some Specimen Bream and Tench whilst I am there, but if there are'nt any suitable venues then I will just fish for bites. Thanks, Ryan

Roach Fanatic

Reaction score
Cheers pal I was looking for somewhere a little closer but I'll see if I can get up there, any more suggestions welcome

Roach Fanatic

Reaction score
I have been looking at SaltFleetby Fisheries, does anyone know what it's like?

C

Cakey

but thats even further up than Oasis..........................................

Lyndon Hughes

Reaction score
Hi Roach fanatic,me and my fishing buddy fished saltfleetby last year,great venue,started off with a good breakfast on site,then fished the main lake,had a very good day catching mainly carp but a few tench as well,all i would say is that if your going to fish the margins youll need to beef up your tackle a bit as some of the pegs can be a bit snaggy,would definatly recommend going we had a good day just a shame its to far for us to travel for a day.

S

sash

Sycamore Lakes in Burgh Le Marsh (5 minutes from Skeggy). There is a website I believe.

I haven't fished it for a few years but used to catch good tench to 7lb+ and perch to just short of 3lb together with some cracking roach from the Island Lake. I think it once produced a 4lb 8oz perch for a young lad.Most fish for the carp so get yourself tucked away on the far (narrow) side of the Island and try something like hemp/caster or chopped worm/caster /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

well Im going to Oasis ...................................................

my eldest now lives in Marsh Chapel and I have to visit soon

then its round to Freds for some fruit cake /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Roach Fanatic

Reaction score
Cakey I forgot to add I will be able to travel round abit, so I will be able to get there, the frst day will be spent looking at venues so I will have a ride there and have a butchers.

W

will spencer

try herons mead just a short distance from skegness stadium

NIGE K

Reaction score
if you fish oasis watch out for the bugs they really bite its the worst place i have been to you canlook like the elephant man after a session there. oham lakesis good for a day saltfleetby is ok main lake is a bit slow at the moment though but might pick up with some better weather.pigeon cottage is a nice pond just up the road from oasis but without the bugs.

F

Fred Bonney

Oy Cakey,need notice of cake,there is aneed to sweet talk somebody.

C

Cakey

not allowed it no more Fred but I do remember the one at Walthamstow yumyum

Roach Fanatic

Reaction score
Well were gonna set off early and take a ride upto that fish45k match and see some experts in action lol