rod licences

klik2change

Reaction score
I know i need two licences to fish with three rods, but what is the legal position with spod rods and marker rods? i have only one licence. Do i need a second licence to use a marker rod, and a spodding rod, if i am already set up to fish on two rods?

This has never occurred to me before and i would not be surpised to find there are others who also have not considered it. On the other hand, i might be the only fool who didn't realise...

Hello all, by the way. I have been a long time lurking. Ihave posted before but i can't for the life of me remember when... it's all to do with how busy i am at work. there are still a few people around i remember...

Reaction score
Hi Klik , welcome to FM , I would say that the use of spod/marker rods would not need a EA licence , due to the fact that you are not useing them to catch fish i.e. no hooks or bait, but saying that , some clubs would count these in , say in a three rod setup ./forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

klik2change

Reaction score
Doesn't the licence state "rod and line"? i would like to be certain. It's the EA guys i am concerned about. club bailiffs cant give you a whopping great fine.

Specihunter

Reaction score
if i remember you don't need a licence for spod / marker rods as your not fishing with them

klik2change

Reaction score
I usuallyset out to gofishing with FOUR rods set up to fish, though none have hooks on. i may or may not also have a marker rod and a spod rod. i will only fish with two at a time but am i in the right in doing so?As faras the EA man is concerned, how many licences do i need?

I have emailed the EA but have not had a reply as yet.

Red Army

Reaction score
I believe that even with only one rod licence you can have as many rods set up as you like (matchmen very often have couple of feeder and waggler rods set up, not to mention multiple pole top kits ready to go) as long as you never fish with more than two at the same time.

klik2change

Reaction score
Many thanks for your comments gents. The EA emailed back automatically to say a proper reply will be forthcoming in 10 days or so, so we'll see.

quorky

Reaction score
i used three rods this weekend and hadthe ea bloke check melicencehe did not say a word about using three rods .but he had the bloke next door did not have one

CARP4ME

Reaction score
Whats the betting now you have asked EA for their official stand on this there will be a little box on next seasons licence tick here if you want to use spod or marker rod while fishing 2 rods £5.00 Please. I may be cynical but i THINK NOT ?

F

Frothey

<blockquote class=quoteheader>quorky wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>i used three rods this weekend and hadthe ea bloke check melicencehe did not say a word about using three rods .but he had the bloke next door did not have one</blockquote>
have you only got 1 licence then?

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>CARP4ME wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Whats the betting now you have asked EA for their official stand on this there will be a little box on next seasons licence tick here if you want to use spod or marker rod while fishing 2 rods £5.00 Please. I may be cynical but i THINK NOT ?</blockquote>

They can't charge you for using spod or marker rods, your not fishing with them, ie you don't have a baited hook to catch fish.

As for only having one Licence when you need two, the fine will be the same as not having a Licence at all, that could be anything from £60 upwards. best to get a second Licence, it is the law and not worth the risk.

F

Frothey

too right cakey - not too clever admitting to it on a forum either!

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
It makes no odds whatsoever who's lake it is, the rod licence is required to fish any inland freshwater and you need two licences for 3 rods.

It is that simple.

If you choose not to pay yourself to fish your water that's up to you but you still have to pay the EA to use the rods.

C

Cakey

now Im lost ....................did you fish with three rods or was one a spod ?

C

Cakey

ahh you didnt say that did you /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif