Hook Pellets

BapAndFuro

Reaction score
I am going fishing this Sunday and I thought I'd try using hook pellets for the first time. Can you use hooker pellets with a float or is it best to use them with a ledger weight?

Any hook pellet tips would be appreciated.

A

alan whittington

Well as you dont mention which pellets you intend to use,i will try to help anyway,if it is expander pellets you use then it is possible to use both float and ledger,as long as you dont try to cast too violently,but they are easier to fish on the float.On the other hand if you intend to use hook pellets from a tub the same rule applies but care should be taken as some makesfloat and you could feasably be fishing a popped up bait,i would be interested to know which pellets you intend using.

E

EC

I can vouch for the Sonu hookable pellets Bap, they stay on during the cast and catch fish!

J

Jim Crosskey 2

ditto to EC, the sonu hali-hookers and s-pellets (both hooker pellets) are both really productive and stay on well

jods

Reaction score
The dynamite soft hookers are a little soft so best used on float, leave some exposed to air for 30-45 mins if you are going to ledger i find they stay on the hook better.

A

alan whittington

Ive used those and found the s-pellet good Jim,but in certain situations they dont compare to a good pumped(possibly flavoured)expander,but with the benefit of durability on the hook the sonu-bait pellets are excellent with a good selection of sizes.

Day Breamer

Reaction score
If fishing inthe margins orusing the pole you could try Van den eynds 'Jellets' they are truly fantastic and come in amazing flavours, ive caught loads of Carp and Tench in the margins on them, but they dont like to be cast out as they are quite soft.

For further out work youcould try Sonu baits 'S pellets' or 'Hali hookers'...

BapAndFuro

Reaction score
I won't be using expander pellets because I don't have a pump to expand them. I have decided to float fish because it is a new water I haven't fished on before and I have more experience of

I copied some instructions for using hook pellets from total carp fishing magazine:
1. Add a small amount of unprepared pellets to a small bait tub.
2. Pour over just enough water to cover the bait.
3. Put the bait box in the fridge and leave to soak overnight.
4. To ensure the bait sinks, give it a squeeze in water before hooking.

Are these instructions correct or is there a better way to prepare hookable pellets?

Thanks

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Buy yourself some size 16 wide gape hooks, i can recommend kamasan b911 hooks, they come in both spade end and eyed versions, they are a very strong and reliable hook.

Buy some 6mm hook pellets, as said in some previous threads SONUBAITS make some excellent hook pellets and they come in a resealable bag and there is a choice of several different flavours.

Then get some 4mm sinking pellets, the trick to pellet fishing is to keep catapulting out some pellets over the topof your float every2 - 5minutes, or if you're really bagging up, everytime you catch a fish,as the noise of the constant splashing attracts the fish in to the swim.

It is also worth trying to fish up in the water if the fish are having the pellets as the constant feeding will draw them up in the water when they're competing for the bait. If you are going to fish up in the water it might be best to hair rig the pellets or to use a latex bait band but still use a 6mm pellet.

Tight Lines /forum/smilies/devil_smiley.gif