The Alternative Angler ? Press Manor II

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
This is the fishery I was describing, it does exist:

Mind Your Back Sir!

(see 5th review) /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Perhaps it's a suitable venue for a further Fish-In. It's a tad pricey at £110 but if a certain Tackle Manufacturer could be persuaded to sponsor such an event..........
IMG_2800_(490_x_303).jpg

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Nice write up Kevin but a couple of points

Sorry about the cap thro' lunch but it's a superstition thing the cap is placed on my head bythe butler as the chauffeur load the car - and can't be removed until all the rods are safely back in their racks

Also the trousers are superstition - theyare washed once a year and this takes all my luck off them along with the fish slime - and given my level of skill it takes a year to build the luck and slime back up

Was it your 2 flies I found in a tree a brightred - a bloodworm so I'm told and a garish orange fly that finally caused a trout to give up and find my net - more out of disgust at my choice of fly than any skill on my part

I did enquire at the bar and for those who had the blue cheese burger- it was Derbyshire stilton

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
M'lud, thankyou for those clarifications.

I would just say that you might want Mr. Nellist's Emporium of Sporting Outerwear for Discerning Gentlemen with regard to your trousers. The offer a service whereby they will wear your trousers every day you are unable to fill them (touch of gout, maybe) and wash them about as often as the Turin Shroud get to see the Persil.

It was my very special greenish brown fly that took to nesting in the tree, and it's loss meant that I had no chance of winning the competition, but I carried on regardless, because the important thing is the taking part, isn't it? This is a noble trait that I will take forward to Clattercote next week.

Neil

Tickletackle have taken on board your suggestion of sponsorship. They will raise funds by offering the competitiors at Clattercote a chance to own one of those very rare and exceedingly valuable stickers. Direct debit forms will be available for those wishing to become proud owners of this prized stickers.

They can be bought outright, but no one carries that amount of cash around with them, apart from Mr Marsbar, of course.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Give me four Kev, will pay on Saturday <blockquote class=quoteheader>Kevin Perkins wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

They can be bought outright, but no one carries that amount of cash around with them, apart from Mr Marsbar, of course. </blockquote>

K

Kevin Perkins

Thanks for the order Derek, good job you got in early because they are going fast.

So far I've already sold.........4