God bless America

ron lander

Reaction score
Well here's me bursting a gut to get back on the rivers and catch some 20lb barbel from the Severn and what happens? I get sent to the good old US of A until August!! (from 27 may).

I am in severe need of cheering up so please send me some kind words. Going to help close down on of our factories in Malvern PA.

Two months without much fishing (although my contact does fly fishing and surfcasting).

And am going to really miss my dog (probably more than the wife!)

I hope to get on the net whilst over there but if I don't good luck to all you river anglers out there come the new season.

S

Steve Baker

You lucky BAST**D!

Swop? Big cats! blue gill! Bass! My heart bleeds!

K

Kevan Busby

Get the local maps out Ron and get searching for those rivers and lakes. There's masses of "untapped" fishing out there. I'm off to Austin, Texas later this year to work on some prototype vehicles for the USA Army and I've got some prime carp and pike fishing sorted with some of the guy's I'm working with, can't wait.

R

Ron Clay

And all those lovely smallmouth bass. Break out the plastic worms.

How can anyone be so lucky?

R

Rodney Wrestt

Drool.......light lure fishing, soft plastic worms, jelly frogs and lizards, cheep tackle and braid......I'm filling up here. <sob>

F

Fred Bonney

Not many kind words,a Ron.
Have a good trip and take full advantage of the potential,I am sure you won't regret your visit.

ron lander

Reaction score
I'm only taking a reel and buying other stuff over there. Had a good look around on the 'net and there is tons of fishing info. Taking a camera so if it all comes together and I actually catch some fish I'll do an article for FM when I return.

Have fun and save me some barbel.

ps. My company have paid for a hire car (just for me!) for the whole 65 days - that may be useful!!

F

Fergal Scully

Check out the fishing tackle sections of big stores like k-mart. Almost 2/3 cheaper than uk but they won't have much match type gear.

J

john conway

Several years ago I had a couple of three-month stints out in North Carolina, putting plant in one of our factories out there. It was during my caving phase but as luck had it the guy I went caving with out there had a son who was mad keen on fishing and the guys dad ran a fishery up in the Blue Ridge Mountains, real Hill Billy country, “Deliverance” type country and all that. I had a fantastic time fishing for rainbows with tiny little 6 foot fly rod. If you can make it into the mountains watch out for the snakes they’re big and they bite. Like you I had the loaned of a company car and I put in some very long weekends but it was really worth it, the caving wasn’t bad either. Have you tried contacting some one the net out there, it makes a hell of a difference if you’ve got a contact and the stay at home yanks are great nothing like the ones who do the European tour bit.
Anyhow Ron, best of luck and keep us up to date with any fishing adventures you have out there.