Review - Korum Day Session Shelter

ian c 79

Reaction score
i got my day shelter last september, ive used it most time sout upto now, its just so versatile!!

erects in minutes, much better than a brolly!!

only downside is that if you are expecting rain, you would be best predicting the way the rain will blow as its not a quick to move as a brolly once you are set up inside.

loads of room for one man, a carp chair and all your gear, i have my cocoon chair, 2 carryalls and my carp holdall hidden from the elements and still have room for my table, bait waiter and flask!!

space enough for two light anglers?

best bit of kit ive bought in a long time!!

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Ian,

I got one of these for my youngest son when they first came out.

I have used it for a few short one night sessions, takes a bedchair and my gear.

Had to move it once due to the wind getting very strong, just pulled out the pegs moved it and re pegged it in place.

It is a very good bit of kit, the new model looks to be even better. Worth every penny.

preston96

Reaction score
Ray............whats the weight like? and will it fold down and fit into a quiver?

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Paul,

The shelter is very light, It comes in it's own carry bag. Due to the design it is a funny shape when packed down, but I am sure it will fit in a quiver, Will try it in mine tomorrow and let you know.

BapAndFuro

Reaction score
Shame this day shelter doesn't have the tarpaulin ground cover...

I currently have a Ron Thompson day fishing shelter that has a ground cover but the peg holds have ripped due to high winds. If this one had a ground cover it would be an ideal replacement.

Does this shelter have flaps that you can zip up and use as a full shelter?

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
No this is just a shelter, i don't always use the groundsheet on my fox shelter or my bivvy, at times they are just not needed. you could always buy a tarpaulin and cut it down to size. the DIY shops sell them for about £7.

preston96

Reaction score
Cheers Ray..................can i have it then?/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Specihunter

Reaction score
just used it for the 1st time last week and gets my approvel.<blockquote class=quoteheader>Paul Williams 11 wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Cheers Ray..................can i have it then?/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif</blockquote>

better hide mine then.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Paul Williams 11 wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Cheers Ray..................can i have it then?/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif</blockquote>
hahaha..................................................NO/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I have the Evolution X Plus, quick to set up, you can have it open, or with the wrap and doors etc, ground sheet if you want it.

I like this shelter and use it more than any other, packs down very slim and light. Used the korum shelter for a few summer night sessions.