Menards ,Sussex

portman

Reaction score
evening all , am planning a weekend at Menards Nr HorshamSussex ,has anyone fished it much ? is it any good ?website looks alright but always good to get first handadvice. The other optionim considering is Furnace Lake also in Horsham - any thoughts and advice gratefully recieved

tight lines

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
been a couple of times mate bit of a rip when you got to pay 20quid just to register and having to take your passport to prove who you are quite a few silly little rules but then again thats up to the owner i suppose me personally would sooner fish furnace anytime

nik saunders

Reaction score
hi mate fished it a few times, yes some of the rules are a bit silly, you must have a carp cradle mate and he has to see it before you book ya fishing, but the carp in there are stunning, buttons goes 51 , pimple 40 somthin and loads of 30,s and twentys , at this time of year bait wise a little and often will do you good , i will try and stick a couple of pics on for ya , and another thing get a lake map you can order this from a web site well worth a fiver and you can see all the bars, how deep ect, mark the baliff is a really nice bloke and will do anything to help, they only have a porta loo on site but you can order from the local chinese or kebab for grub, my dad has had bruno at just over thirty and some other crackin fish, i myself still lookin for that big thirty, swim 1, or the snags great spots but sayin that as long as you do a bit of marker work you will be fine mate, and one other thing dont feed the dog as she can smell bacon a mile away, and will be in ya bivvy every day and night/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.giftried uploading pics but keeps sayin to big, oh by the way micro barbed hooks only , no leadcore, more silly rules ,but there his fish and you can see he has the upmost care for his fish , there stunning, /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

portman

Reaction score
thanks lads , all the rules did seem a bit on the heavy side and 55 notes for a cradle seems a lot but i guess for 50lb + fish and kebabs to your door you can put up with a bit

tight lines

nik saunders

Reaction score
hi there mate you can pick up a chub carp cradle for £35, or you can hire for a price from menards , but for c/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gifarp care you cant go wrong with a carp cradle , no more carp flipping of the mat, and easy to transport to the water, i would not be with out mine and use it every where, it was money well spent, and the carp in there mate are in perfect condition, no noise from roads as its tucked away, wild deer running about outside the fishies, if your lucky to see, i last fished there when the lake froze over , and as i could not fish the rest of my session paul has credited me with 36 hr, so in my mind pukka fish, pukka grub and doing your bit for carp care, if you look at there website and you will see my oldman sam saunders with a crackin 30 common, never know mate might see ya down there tightlines/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif