RIVER EREWASH FOUNDATION SOCIAL NIGHT

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
THE RIVER EREWASH FOUNDATION SOCIAL NIGHT

"SKATEBOARD DAVE"! IS RENOWNED FOR HIS COURSE/ FLYFISHING TECHNIQUES ON RIVERS AND CANALS ETC. DAVE IS GIVING A PRESENTATION OF HIS EXPERIENCES, WHILE SHARING HIS VAST ANGLING KNOWLEDGE WITH OUR MEMBERS.
DAVE IS OFFERING HIS SERVICES FOR FREE, IN SUPPORT OF THE RIVER EREWASH FOUNDATION AND ITS AIM TO RESTORE THIS ONCE FAMOUS LITTLE RIVER TO FORMER GLORIES.
NO DOUBT THIS NIGHT WILL APPEAL TO BOTH COURSE AND GAME ANGLERS, AND NEW MEMBERS CAN JOIN ON THE NIGHT AFTER 7PM.
SUPPORT THE REF WITH ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FOR £10 AND YOU RECEIVE NEWSLETTERS, FREE FORUM, FREE FISHING, SOCIAL EVENTS AND A CHANCE TO TAKE PART IN RIVER CONSERVATION WORKS ALONG THE RIVER EREWASH.
TOGETHER WE CAN ALL MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

MONDAY 18TH MAY - RED LION (lounge) - SANDIACRE - 7.30pm ( 5min from juntion 25 M1 & A52 )

Please understand the members only concept - This is one of the ways of repaying both active and supporting members for either getting stuck in or putting their money where their mouth is

Afterall, where only talking about £10

The Auction will be straight after the May Social so please bring any unwanted fishing related items/equipment or generous offers like Chavenders.
example of Items for auction
Box set of Hand crafted Floats (inc rare cormorant quill avons )
Books:
SOME OF IT WAS FUN - HUGH FALKUS
TWO HUNDRED POPULAR FLIES - TOM STEWART
FALLING IN AGAIN - CHRIS YATES
FLYFISHING SKILL ON STILLWATERS - PETER MACKENZIE-PHILIPS
Video / DVD :
four seasons on the hampsire avon by paul witcher
Guided days:
Verious days fishing on exclusive waters

so if your local (notts / derby / east midlands etc) and want too do your bit too preserve and restore this tiny river to a sustainable fishery (free fishing for all) then come along

Fin the Fish

Reaction score
Nice one Chavender, I'd forgotten all about this!

I'll be at the meeting and will definitely come along to some of the restoration work days - gives me a chance to crack out the ol' machete and grappling hook and put them to good use!

Cormorant quill floats are possibly the best idea I've heard all year!

See you there Chavand'er /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
can i temp anyone of you local lads with this

DSC00223.jpg

{ The Yellow tipped floats are on cormorant quill's & the red tipped floats are on Crow quill's }

into comming along and bidding on the verious items !

Fin the Fish

Reaction score
Unfortunately I couldnt make it, ended up with no way of getting there - the friend who was taking me had a bit of a malfunction in the brain and double booked himself /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

Steve if you could let me know the dates of any restoration work that would be much appreciated as I would love to help out, should be able to drag a friend or two and my dad along too - From my experience of work parties on the Trent its always a case of more the merrier!

I really wanted those black death quills too /forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif