calling wendy perry

gerry h

Reaction score
Hi folks, I am going to paphos on holday in august and i see from past threads that wendy has done a fair bit of fishing there , can you give me any recomendations of whichlakes to go to ,i will be taking some carp gear and will get the corn there so i just need pointing in the wright direction

thanks

preston96

Reaction score
I have tx her for you mate.......but she has been a bit busy.

I'm sure she will catch up with you.

slime monster

Reaction score
I was there last year Gerry and the water levels following very dry weather had reached critical low ,I was told angling had been stopped on some of them and after looking at them you would not want to go down there anyway. I went sea fishing instead hope it's better for you.

NIGEL SIMS

Reaction score
Hi, I live and work in Cyprus, and when I can fit it in, fish as well, water levels are up in the reservoirs. I don't normally fish around the Paphos area, but Polemidia dam (Limassol), is fishing well, as is Lefka, (Marathasa). Some of the dams dried up completely last year
Paste is proving to be a better bait, than corn, we've been snapped up a couple of times, suspect it was catfish though. Ended up on 8lb maxima, straight through, still getting snapped though. Make your own from trout pellets it?s cheaper! Not had much success with luncheon meat. Loose feeding hemp and corn works well.
If you go to Asprokremnos, (near Paphos airport), fish the shallow end where the matches take place.
Kouris Dam (Limassol) is filling up, I haven?t heard of anything caught from there yet, the water off the Troodos is still pretty cold. The carp were spawning in the shallows here about six weeks ago.
Avoid fishing on Sat & Sun, you?ll get crowded out, best on weekdays, it?s not worth getting up early, I?ve found that you catch best from 11am onwards.
Don?t let the heat and the bright sun put you off, we?ve found that the carp like basking in the midday sun in the shallower water.
Don?t get upset with locals, and others, killing fish there is nothing you can do about! Not condoning it, just pointing it out.
This website tells you which dams are open.
http://www.fishingcy.com/htmldocs/cyprus_dams.html
Tackle shops in Limassol are better than those in Paphos.
Hope this helps.
Nigel

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

I lost count of the Carp i caught in one match at Polemidia, was literally hundreds, fishing about a two feet out with corn. Fish after fish after fish, all around 6-8oz. Bigger fish present, bust my Black Magic pole on one!Polemidia dam: 10 minutes drive, North-West of Limassol town - Carp, Roach, Mosquito fish, Catfish

Kourrisdam had bigger fish and god did they fight. We fished a splodger rig, 12 metres to hand, feeder straight of the pole double up 20 elastic. Kourris dam: 25 minutes drive North-West of Limassol town - Carp, Roach, Mosquito fish, Bass, Silver bream

Yermasogia dam was good all round fishing. Yermasogia dam: 10 min. North of Limassol - Carp, Roach, Bleak, Bass, Grey mullet, Silver bream, Perch, Mosquito fish, Catfish

NIGEL SIMS

Reaction score
Yermasogia dam, was literally emptied last summer, doubt wheter it's been restocked!

gerry h

Reaction score
nice one chaps thanks for the pointers,if the water levels are low i will have a go in the sea ,but not sure about the prospects