boilie flavour ingrediants

darren guest

Reaction score
i was woundering if any1 knows what are mainline liquid flavours are made of as i make my own boilies and my flavoring for my own boilies is pritty limited. i was woundering what oils etc arre in them if any1 can help id be most greatful.

Windy

Reaction score
I think its pretty unlikely that Mainline are going to publish their entire recipe and ingredient list on here just because you ask.

Oh go on, Hell, why not. All those thousands of man hours and thousands of pounds invested in building up the knowledge base that is their stock in trade, I'm sure they would just love to give it all up to an anonymous guest poster with one post. That's a 'Not' joke by the way.

Hell, if you're that much of an optimist why not ask the Coca Cola corporation for their recipe too....

R

Roto Fryer

don't bother withany of the above. If you want flavours same as Richworth and solar for around 20 a kilo go toRD Campbell & sons ltd
Unit 14
Mill Farm Business Pk, Millfield Rd, Hounslow, TW4 5PY, United Kingdom
+44 20 88986611

F

Frothey

are you reffering to activator, fuse, nrg liquid though? they aren't "flavours" at such..

darren guest

Reaction score
well really what im after know is just what sort of thing is in it as i said i make my own boilies and just wounder what may be in the flavours that u buy as i said its a liquid so whats the liqiud???

ps windy ya a knob i know there not going to give out there info but was just hoping some1 may have an idea of what mayb in them as i want to make my own

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Darren,

I also make some of my own bait.

Pineapple, cut off the outer skin, cut the inside into chunks, then put them in a Liquidizer, keep going until all the pineapple is done. You end up with plenty of pure pineapple juice, and plenty of very fine bits, that I add to the mix.

After I have made the bait and boiled it, I air dry it, when I put it in bags for the freezer, I add some of the liquidized pineapple to the bag before freezing.

I also take some of the pineapple when fishing as a dip. Had a few fish on them, but still have a long way to go to get it right. You can also use Pineapple on the hook or hair rig, just save a few chunks, it works.

To be honest, I don't think you can get any better than those made by the Pro's, but i just like making some of my own bait, as I do floats, but i don't make Rod's anymore, to much trouble trying to get all the gear now.

Windy

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>darren guest wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

ps windy ya a knob </blockquote>

Well done with your second forum post.

I await further such shafts of wit (spoonerism) with relatively little interest.

Thank you for your contribution to the forum nonetheless. Oh. Ho hum. You haven't actually contributed to this forum in any way at all. Have you ?.

That's not really a good base from which to be asking for people to breach Mainline's entitlement to confidentiality and their product secrets.

Please just go away.

F

Frothey

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Ray Daywalker Clarke wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>To be honest, I don't think you can get any better than those made by the Pro's, but i just like making some of my own bait.</blockquote>

the stuff "pro's" make isn't that special on the whole - if you think the base mix is about £6 per kilo in a nice bucket in a shop, you are probably about £2 a kilo tops to make.

the advantage you have is that with the popular "in-vogue" baits you have hundreds of people pre-baiting for you! carp will eat pretty much anything, and providing the baits don't repel fish, you'll catch.

D

Dave Burr

If you really want to spice up your home mades start in your kitchen cupboard, all those things that make your everyday food taste a little better will do the same for a bait such as salt, sugar, spices, sauces etc. try marmite, custard powder, fruit........ the list is endless and it will take you on to some of the more exotic options.

You will spend the rest of your life looking for a wonderbait - you won't find it but its a fun journey.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Frothey,

I was talking more about the finish, should have made that more clear. When making your own bait's, it's about getting them to the right finish, i have had some that crack easy, as i am sure everybody has.

I buy my base mix in 25kilo bags, cheaper that way, and adding a flavour can cost nothing, if you pinch it from the kitchen without the wife knowing.

F

Frothey

getting an easy to roll finish is quite easy - semolina and a bit of oil. most commercial baits are formulated to go through commercial rolling machines.

baits like some that Poacher Baits, Ultimate Carp Nutrition's, Active Bait Solutionsand Essential Baitsmakewould never go through.

darren guest

Reaction score
like the sound of the the pinapple chunks ray will try that i think any other flavours any 1 can recommend?

R

Roto Fryer

jesus H christ don't waste your time with pineapple chunks!

Salmon oil. Winterised if you are going to use it in the cold