OS maps

Specihunter

Reaction score
I have just bought 4 OS maps for oxfordshire due to a club using OS co-ordinates to locate various club waters .

With various online maps(google and multi-map) which are free to use .Iwas wonderinghave I wasted my money orhave I invested wisely?

BapAndFuro

Reaction score
When I am looking at somewhere I've never been before I use google maps because you can view the lake as satellite so you can actually see real pictures of the ground rather than just the roads.

P

Phillips Jerry

Google doesn't always show paths and access points OS first google second

L

Laurie Harper

Depends whether you like looking at OS maps. I do - have almost a complete set of Landrangers (many inherited from my dad). Anyway, 4 of them isn't such a big outlay. And you can't put Google earth in your back pack...

Max

Reaction score
I use a combination of google earth and sat nav,and found access points to many a new place, only problem is none of them show lockedgates!

Specihunter

Reaction score
Perhaps it should be the best of both worlds .use the os maps when fishing and the online maps to find the spots.

S

Sean Meeghan

I like OS maps and love looking back at maps of places I've been (and I've been in some strange places!), but the future of maps is probably in topographic maps for mobile devices.

Have a look at this

you can enter your grid reference and be guided to the spot. Modern mobiles can also access Google maps so you can check out aerial pics of your venue as you fish.

Cool! /forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

Tony Cummings

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Laurie Harper wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Depends whether you like looking at OS maps. I do - have almost a complete set of Landrangers (many inherited from my dad). Anyway, 4 of them isn't such a big outlay. And you can't put Google earth in your back pack...</blockquote>
......or mark up the areaswhere you've had fish from

C

Cakey

live maps and google maps are notlive and are in fact behind in places

google still shows a lake that was filled in 3 years ago and live maps on birds eye view shows it being filled in

tubs

Reaction score
To be honest I have never used them before when it comes to fishing. I know one of my mates used them on a fishing/walking holiday in Scotland once. He would use them to locate waters then walk to them!